Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

I rec'd my new batch of Chicks from Meyer Hatchery midnight Monday and already have 6 dead! I am crushed. I never have lost any chicks before and so this is heart-breaking! This is my fourth time I've bought chicks, before I purchased them from Cackle. Meyer was about 2 1/2 times farther away from me so I guess the extra time in the truck/travel was too much for them. Every time I go to check on them, I'm afraid of what I'll find. Ordered 28, down to 22. Hopefully one of the dead ones wasn't my rooster.
hit.gif

I rec'd my new batch of Chicks from Meyer Hatchery midnight Monday and already have 6 dead! I am crushed. I never have lost any chicks before and so this is heart-breaking! This is my fourth time I've bought chicks, before I purchased them from Cackle. Meyer was about 2 1/2 times farther away from me so I guess the extra time in the truck/travel was too much for them. Every time I go to check on them, I'm afraid of what I'll find. Ordered 28, down to 22. Hopefully one of the dead ones wasn't my rooster. :hit

I'm so sorry! I ordered chicks from Meyer and they arrived Tuesday May 7th. We had one of the Black Australorp's die within the first 12 hours of having her home. She was very weak when she arrived and we think she had Wry Neck. It was hard enough to lose one and I can't imagine losing 6... *hugs* I hope you're doing okay, and I hope the other 22 chicks are doing alright too.

Back
Top Bottom