Post pictures of peafowl!

Quote:
Yea, get rid of that turkey....
wink.png
That is a nice bird, he has a rather nice crest- pretty long and very fanned out. Nice!

Quote:
Yea, get rid of that turkey....
wink.png
That is a nice bird, he has a rather nice crest- pretty long and very fanned out. Nice!

LOL, yeah... turkey had followed me in that day and stubborn thing wouldn't get out..
barnie.gif
. Him and Slim Jim(peacock) were friends then. Turkey tries to be a camera hog...... LOL

Quote:
Thanks Kev, been a rainy mess here for 2 months.
oh, Like Cherokee Trail said, thats where thay all came from. I assure you he's midnight. You know how angles and light shine on these guys. he is blue ish but very dark

Last edited:
13245_dsc08756.jpg

my white male, I dont like how dirty he looks, we have had alot of rain, and the pen I bought him from was all muddy, his tails a mess

13245_dsc08761.jpg

White male and white hen, they are still kinda skittish but getting better

This is a pied white-eye hen she is 10 years old and she has started to grow a train. I have seen pictures of hens over the years that has done this but she the first hen that I had that has done this
100_0906.jpg

Quote:
Yes they are nice to look out, trouble as most peafowl breeders know. These peahens will soon stop laying, gives a whole new meaning to change of life. They look more like a male older they get.

I had a silverpied hen that looked like a 2 yr old male, never got another egg from her.

Quote:
Thanks Kev, been a rainy mess here for 2 months.
oh, Like Cherokee Trail said, thats where thay all came from. I assure you he's midnight. You know how angles and light shine on these guys. he is blue ish but very dark

That's just it- my friend has 6, plus this bird(owned by someone else).. never see any blue shine on them, no matter the light or angle. I also showed him your pictures and he says the same thing- your bird is showing blue, which his never does. The shine is much more like a bronze's but darker. I don't understand why there is a difference between Midnights like yours and these birds and on Conner's Midnight page(which look exactly like friend's birds).

I've posted a question about that on UPA forum, hopefully we can find out what is going on.

Here are two more pics taken last summer:

5756_m_n_002.jpg

5756_m_n_018.jpg

Last edited:
dont know KEV, I've had several of the big dog peafowl breeders reply privately though to say no worries they are midnights?
I went out yesterday to look him over clsely and it just depend on the light he's in, he can look dark dull blue in one light or charcoal/blue colors in another light, so....Just depends on the line he came from I guess.
If you'd like to see another pic of him, go to Sid's, texaspeaowl site and look up pics of his midnight black shoulder cock , that's him, just at Sid's place.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom