Post Stories of Your Flock

One morning I went out to feed my chickens and as I finished up with checking for eggs I saw that Marshy, one of my Buff Orpington's, had came up the ramp that led to the coop door way and was looking at me.
I said "What is it, sweetie?", and she just looked at me. I asked again, and this time she made a chicken noise. Not knowing what she wanted, I reach my hands under her wings (or maybe I should say by her hips) and started rubbing them gently. I guess that was what she wanted because she leaned on my hands and stayed with me for quite a few minutes.

One morning I went out to feed my chickens and as I finished up with checking for eggs I saw that Marshy, one of my Buff Orpington's, had came up the ramp that led to the coop door way and was looking at me.
I said "What is it, sweetie?", and she just looked at me. I asked again, and this time she made a chicken noise. Not knowing what she wanted, I reach my hands under her wings (or maybe I should say by her hips) and started rubbing them gently. I guess that was what she wanted because she leaned on my hands and stayed with me for quite a few minutes.
That's so sweet! I wish one of mine would do that.

WOW!
i have to discuss with my chickens for hug them! :bow:pop:gig:gig

I have had a hawk attack the flock. But a rooster attacked the hawk and scared it off!
Also thanks for inviting me to the thread!

My roo isnt brave at all...:gig:love he is a delcious fluffy silkie dumby roo.. He even stumbles on his own feet! Oh my god...i make a good laugh every time i observe him! Im going to think he isnt a "normal" rooster but i love him the same🥰

I'll take the chance to tell another story!

Once when we were away from home for the night a friend of ours had to lock our chickens in the coop for us so the predators don't eat them. He was a chicken-lover and decided to peep in at the girls before he left. So he opened the coop door and saw a skunk cuddling with the chickens and eating eggs!

We figured that the skunk probably had another way into the coop, so we locked the coop and left the skunk in there. In the morning he was gone, but we found his entrance (and exit) and fixed it up (it was a place where the chicken wire had come unhooked or something).

For the next few months we made sure to lock the chickens in as soon as dusk fell and we didn't have any problems...until two days ago!

Well, it's not a really problem. As I went to lock the chickens in I saw a skunk. It was probably just eating the kitchen scaps, and I haven't seen it since, but it sure got me on my toes!

Another skunk adventure was soon after our first skunk problem. We let out neighbors borrow our live trap and they caught a skunk (we'll never know if it was the same one or not). They didn't know what to do with it, so they wrapped the trap in a tarp and buried it. They left it underground for three days, but when they unburied it the skunk just stood up and walked away. They didn't do anything to stop it, but as far as I know that skunk never messed with them again!

Does anybody else have any skunk stories? I love stories about all kinds of animals!

Back
Top Bottom