post your chicken coop pictures here!

What is the blue barrel used for? Sorry if you posted it earlier!
Oh, sorry that pic was taken in progress. The barrel now has a line running from it with cups and nipples installed. Some of my chickens prefer cup drinking over nipples and I also found that when the weather gets hot the hens drink more so they don't use the nipples as much.

Hello everyone, loving all the fantastic coops! I'm looking for some advice. My hubby just agreed that we really need a barn :). I agreed that I need half for chickens (YEAH). We currently have an old well house modified coop which has been great but was not big enough to divide into individual breeding pens to allow for any "project" work which I'm very interested in. Barn will be 30 x 40 (30x20) for chickens with a cement floor and also will have an 8x20 outdoor lean to area as an outdoor run. I don't use incubators (yet) so will need an area for breeding pens, broodies, grow out, feed and bedding storage, etc... I'll take any ideas you want to throw out. My biggest concerns are ventilation and warmth as I live in northern wi where winters are frigid !

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Here is a pic of the barn we chose, with only one of the large sliding doors on "his" side of the barn!

Hello everyone, loving all the fantastic coops! I'm looking for some advice. My hubby just agreed that we really need a barn
smile.png
. I agreed that I need half for chickens (YEAH). We currently have an old well house modified coop which has been great but was not big enough to divide into individual breeding pens to allow for any "project" work which I'm very interested in. Barn will be 30 x 40 (30x20) for chickens with a cement floor and also will have an 8x20 outdoor lean to area as an outdoor run. I don't use incubators (yet) so will need an area for breeding pens, broodies, grow out, feed and bedding storage, etc... I'll take any ideas you want to throw out. My biggest concerns are ventilation and warmth as I live in northern wi where winters are frigid !

Thanks in advance,

Julie
Read this thread

......and ...advanced search>titles only> Breeding Pens

Back
Top Bottom