post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here is our first coop. We used a lot of ideas from this site to put it together. Probably a few things we would do differently if we had known better, but we think it came out pretty nicely. We used plywood and 2x2 for the majority of the construction. Mom donated some leftover cedar shakes from having her roof redone. We thought that added a nice touch. Dunn Edwards exterior paint and galvanized hardware. 1/2 inch hardware cloth. We also covered the open area of the run with shade cloth. Hard to see but there are windows on 3 sides for ventilation. One roost bar and one oversized nest box. We are planning on having 3 or 4 hens. The interior is about 3ftx4ft and the total run size with the area under the coop is 8x4. We are finally ready to move some hens in! Can't wait!!

Here is our first coop. We used a lot of ideas from this site to put it together. Probably a few things we would do differently if we had known better, but we think it came out pretty nicely. We used plywood and 2x2 for the majority of the construction. Mom donated some leftover cedar shakes from having her roof redone. We thought that added a nice touch. Dunn Edwards exterior paint and galvanized hardware. 1/2 inch hardware cloth. We also covered the open area of the run with shade cloth. Hard to see but there are windows on 3 sides for ventilation. One roost bar and one oversized nest box. We are planning on having 3 or 4 hens. The interior is about 3ftx4ft and the total run size with the area under the coop is 8x4. We are finally ready to move some hens in! Can't wait!!

Great job!

Wow! So many cool coops in this! I love this website and all the help it's been getting us started in our chicken adventures! We now have a flock of 13 hens, 3 roos and 13 8-10 week-old chicks. So much fun... :) Here is a link to our coop's page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/da-coop And here is a picture:
I love your coop and your personality really comes through in your writing style. It was definitely a labor of love!

x2 on this great site. So many great coops. Looking forward to building mine. I'm in NW Louisisna and will need a lot of ventilation. It never gets below 20 F or so, if that. But the summer, man.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom