post your chicken coop pictures here!

Ya I like the other one that didn't look barn style and I am 5.6 so I need the head room being that most coops don't have very much head room like in my coop the walls are five foot tall and then I have to stand in the middle of the coop at all times or I end up hitting my head off something. But I think I am just going to build one the size and the way I want I am thinking am 8x10 and I would be the one paying for the materials even though my dad will tell me to put my money away when I go to pay for it. But I won't argue with the money thing
1f602.png

HeeHee!  My DH had the first Tandy and Commodore 64 and another one before those!  I don't think there was even home internet connection yet in those days?

No public 'Internet' but there were plenty of private/public BBS (bulletin board systems) at the time, they were slow and limited but you were technically 'online' even if in very limited capacity using your phone line...

Last edited:
No public 'Internet' but there were plenty of private/public BBS (bulletin board systems) at the time, they were slow and limited but you were technically 'online' even if in very limited capacity using your phone line...
Yep, BBS's. Mine was the Crenshaw County BBS. A small, low-user, one-line board. Brought in the internet and RIME (Relaynet International Mail Exchange) via "Planet Connect" which was a small satellite receiver system...would steadily download zip files and mail and periodically call via landline to upload messages to the appropriate mail exchanges. USRotics had their sysop program where you could buy modems at a discount. It was fun but the current internet is much faster with lots of info on the highway. ;)

Ya I like the other one that didn't look barn style and I am 5.6 so I need the head room being that most coops don't have very much head room like in my coop the walls are five foot tall and then I have to stand in the middle of the coop at all times or I end up hitting my head off something. But I think I am just going to build one the size and the way I want I am thinking am 8x10 and I would be the one paying for the materials even though my dad will tell me to put my money away when I go to pay for it. But I won't argue with the money thing
1f602.png

Building a coop is more of an undertaking than I ever imagined and why we chose an almost ready coop. I waited 5 yrs to afford a better coop but made the little coop do in the meantime even though it was made out of cheap materials. But even 5 yrs ago the cheap little 4x6 coop cost us $480 ready-built by a customer at the feed store.

FLIMSY LITTLE COOP

BETTER NEW COOP

Back
Top Bottom