post your chicken coop pictures here!

How big is ur bigger coop going to be

It's hard to see, but in that picture behind the car is a "barn." It has two stalls, both big enough for a travel trailer. I'm going to build the coop in there so the width will be on of the stalls. It will be about 6 1/2' tall and maybe 6' deep. We're going to cut an exit at the bottom of the building and build a run for them the whole width of the barn, about the same height and about 5' out. I want their roost and nesting boxes to be on the right when you enter so they only have one wall to the outside during the winter. Doing that I can make that area for them warmer. Plus I can hang a gravity water from the left side barn wall.

Edited to add --- Shhh!! I'm making it bigger so I can get more chickens. Just don't tell my husband.
wink.png

Last edited:

My boyfriend made this from scrap wood and leftover paint from other household projects. We live in city limits so the size of coop & run were limited to 25 sq ft

Fire guy 56, I am new raising chickens and want to build a coop similar to your large one. Understand please, tools and building is also new. Do you have plans and how long does it take to build? I have approximately 20 babies coming first week in June. They'll be staying in the house until they can go outside. Thank Gay Lee

Hello and welcome! Who does the coop belong to that you are asking about?

Fire guy 56, I am new raising chickens and want to build a coop similar to your large one. Understand please, tools and building is also new. Do you have plans and how long does it take to build? I have approximately 20 babies coming first week in June. They'll be staying in the house until they can go outside. Thank Gay Lee

Quote:

Greetings @gay lee and welcome to BYC. The member you're asking for information from does still come on line (last online a week+ ago, but unless you actually "tag" his member name (use the "@" symbol followed by the member name - like I did yours above), he won't know that you've even mentioned him unless he just happens to be following that specific thread. The post I believe you're asking about is one of the original ones on this thread... back on page one from October 2010... Quite a while ago. You could also click on private messages at the top of the page and then send him a private message to ask him directly for the info you'd like.

Ok, Here are my two coops.
Erik

69010_bantam_coop-pavers-run_001.jpg
The small one for Bantams

69010_coop-_so_much_more_020.jpg
The big one for mixed flock.

Finally finished the coop, run still to come... But here it is my 10x10 shed conversion
1f604.png
1f604.png

Before:

After:

Still to come a window in the back wall, screening in under the nest boxes to be the brooder, and reinforcing the screen with another layer of Hardware cloth...

Back
Top Bottom