post your chicken coop pictures here!

the hubby will make it a tractor, which is good. technically, the new rule is 7' from property line but we want it closer to fence. making it portable will allow us to move it if and when the village ordinance guy comes around!as i'm typing this i am brainstorming. maybe i will put the coop in the center of their roaming area so i can have easy access on all 4 sides. then i can drape the netting over the top and stretch it to the fence surrounding. hhhmmm, food for thought.

the area allocated for the 6 chicks is about 24'x24' which will include the coop leaving 544 sf to roam.

Last edited:

My 10 year old is helping shingle the nesting boxes today and then we paint.

Here are some interior pictures of the coop. I added a second roost bar and a poop board (which, by the way is the best thing ever!!).

Here the ladies are just being nosy.
1f600.png

The roost bars are not higher than the nesting boxes, which could cause issues. So hopefully that's one of the things you'd change.
But I do not have dimensions.

I am new to chickens and built my coop out of a shed. My roost is about the same night as the nesting boxes. I am not sure how I missed this detail. Is it because they will sleep on the nesting boxes then?

Back
Top Bottom