post your chicken coop pictures here!

Well I put some more finishing touches on the coop after we had another snowfall yesterday,so only a few more things to do to make it perfect for out gals.
Just have to throw a good stain on the wood,add a soffit vent to the east and bury mesh in ground...soo heres a few more snapshots..thx

I am so in love with that beautiful wood! So pretty.

Has anyone commented on putting wire over the 3 vent holes? If not, I'll be the first LOL! After our 1st year of fighting rodents we are sensitive to making sure there are no large holes uncovered for the little boogers to crawl through. Ever since I heard someone say rats will chew off the toes of sleeping chickens (don't know how true that is) I've been paranoid about covering up the smallest entries into the roosting coop. The neighbor had a rat problem in their storage shed so between them and us we eliminated the problem plus our Leghorn finished the job by finding the babies nest and shredding the bodies all over the yard!

this one of my small chick tractors

My coop and run my amazing boyfriend built for our new chicken endeavor Pine Acre Farms. It still has a little trim work to go, front and side windows with functional shutters and lattice work around the bottom of the coop. He far exceeded my expectations. I painted the signage on the building and I plan on adding burlap curtains to the inside of the windows and some artwork to the walls inside for my girls.

Last edited:

My coop and run my amazing boyfriend built for our new chicken endeavor Pine Acre Farms. It still has a little trim work to go, front and side windows with functional shutters and lattice work around the bottom of the coop. He far exceeded my expectations. I painted the signage on the building and I plan on adding burlap curtains to the inside of the windows and some artwork to the walls inside for my girls.
LOVE THE BIG OVERHANG OF THE ROOF. IT'LL BE NICE FOR THOSE RAINY DOWNPOURS TO KEEP THINGS RELATIVELY DRY (ALTHOUGH THE DUCKS WILL LOVE THE WATER - LOL). YOU SAID YOU WERE ADDING CURTAINS TO WINDOWS BUT NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE CALLING WINDOWS. DID YOU MEAN THE VENTED AREA UNDER THE ROOF-LINE? ANYWAY IT CERTAINLY WILL KEEP IT SOMEWHAT WARMER ON CHILLY NIGHTS. VERY VERY VERY NICE!

I am new on here and my son and i have just took up this chicken business. We really enjoy our 4 chickens, Rhode island red, black australorp, and 2 plymouth rocks my son 9 just loves them! He calls them by name and they just come running to him waiting for the treats he has for them. They follow him all over the yard when we let them out in the evening after schiool. I went a little over kill on the run but my son said that he wanted them to have plenty of room. hope to post more pics soon.

Hey 1chief,
welcome-byc.gif
You can never go overkill on the run. That's terrific. I would say post some pictures, but I don't have a camera yet, so I can't speak.
gig.gif

Sylvester017 Thanks. I wish we could watch our girls from the house! Believe it or not, it does actually get cold here in So.Cal! Yes, TUFF SHED has only one chicken coop design and you're lookin' at it. It is 8' x 4'. You can choose the paint color for the body and trim or you can order it unpainted. We ordered it while they were having a special, so we got our paint job for free. You can also choose the shingle color. The only thing is that in our area of California (Whittier) we were the very first ones to order a chicken coop in their history! LOL! That being the case, there were some issues with installation, but they worked with us until it was right. As with any construction project, it's a good idea to be there and ask questions if you see something that isn't right, if I had done that, then they could have fixed the problems then and there instead of having to come back.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom