post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. caychris

caychris Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Antioch Ca
    Probably a good analogy. If you stop seeing them then you most likely have a pedrator that has moved in near by.

2. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Us? Nope, right now we only have the panels up. Not all of them have wire on them. We only have weekends to work on it. This weekened were taking a brake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. cc-robinson

cc-robinson Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2014
    Dripping Springs Tx
    [​IMG]so excited getting the roof on our happy hen house! [​IMG]

4. Linzzzey

Linzzzey Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    [​IMG]
    Got our lil coop! It is perfect for my backyard size and our tiny flock!

1 person likes this.
  5. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I'm sooooo depressed!!! My neighbor was supposed to show up today to dig my 14 post holes and then we were going to set them in with quik-crete, level them out, etc. He called a while ago that he is unable to do it today and will come over tomorrow........I painted all the posts yesterday, cleared the area for the run, raked, etc. Been sitting outside telling my 4 little ladies that "today we start the run!" .... NOT! If I wasn't 70 years old I'd attempt the post holes myself but know I'd drop dead after the first two.....life goes on...and on...and on.... [​IMG]

(off my soapbox)....

2 people like this.
  6. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Frustrating isn't it!! In our younger days, we wouldn't have to ask for help....I hate asking someone to help me when I used to do it all![​IMG]

7. BrianandLisa

BrianandLisa New Egg

May 11, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    We eventually come to realize what will work best in our individual situations. Excellent choice on the pavers. I'm too old to carry the bigger stones which is why I can only use the 12x12's LOL. It's good to know you have a lot of free-range cover for them - they are smart cookies and just need us to give them those hiding areas.
    For how much we've invested in 4 little chickens they had better lay PLATINUM eggs for us! LOL
    Bruce, I keep forgetting about areas that have the weasel problems. Our area is mostly city raccoons and I forget that many areas have other nasty critters as well! One of my concerns is that some idiot in our neighborhood will have a loose Boa Constrictor slithering through the neighborhood - there are even some that let loose their overgrown reptilian pets because they don't want to care for them anymore! Just so many kinds of predator situations to think about that the 1/2 inch or smaller hardwire will basically solve a myriad of predator problems.

9. ChickenDave13

ChickenDave13 New Egg

Jun 7, 2014
    CleburneTX
    [​IMG]
    Our coop was made using recycled materials, just finished it today. Pallets, used abd new lumber, above ground pool liner for the roof, and a solar system for lighting when needed.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. kenmlang

kenmlang Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2014
    Cut-N-Shoot,TX
    Looking Good!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by