post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA

Wow!! U added the run! Now you are really rubbing it in! Lol

Very nicely done! Mine cost a fortune and we still are not done. Hey, I am going to have the most expensive eggs in town! I am hoping to be done and posting pics this week.

2. highrolla1969

highrolla1969 Just Hatched

Mar 30, 2014
    lake luzerne NY
    Adjust got finished with it yesterday. I was really thankful to my step dad for all his time and help. We worked hard but we know I saved a small fortune

3. highrolla1969

highrolla1969 Just Hatched

Mar 30, 2014
    lake luzerne NY
    I mean we just not adjust lol silly phone

1 person likes this.
  4. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Probably the ones who have been using the old coop will continue using it since it is "home" to them. It's a shame you don't have a neighbor that likes chickens. So if your chickens are out it can only be in an enclosed run?

5. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    One Silkie has been on the brink of death so many times this past year but the vet keeps pulling her through. Every time I go in I think this time he'll put her down. But nope! She just keeps costing us money to keep pulling her through! I told my DH I wish she'd hurry up and just die already and he said "no, you don't mean that!" Well, no I didn't otherwise I wouldn't keep taking her to the vet, but you just sometimes can't help thinking such things even if it is tongue-in-cheek. Yes, chickens are fun, funny, therapeutic, and rewarding, but it is a responsibility beyond anything I imagined once we started backyarding. Our whole life, finances, and schedule are always with the girls in mind - even moreso than our dogs, cats, or indoor pet birds ever were.

6. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    You have a perch in the pen yet your chickens do what ours do - sit on the door threshhold!

7. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    I think Sylvester has you beat with all those vet bills Chickeelina! Of course you did say "in town" so unless you both live in Woodland Hills, you could still be right [​IMG]
    Good thing it isn't about the eggs but the hobby.

Yeah, mine don't seem to have much desire to be off the ground EXCEPT at night when they are asleep.

Bruce

8. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont

Super! You have to be in the running for nicest "cheap to build" coop and run.

9. Bigwheel

Bigwheel New Egg

May 6, 2014
    After much research and trying to be practical/dual purpose. I built the coop on site from scratch with my hord of leftover materials from past construction projects. Basically, the materials were taking up my real estate in my shop and needed the space. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Bethel3330

Bethel3330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    WV
    You betchya. The girls have a perch on the front side, but they often lay on the foundation looking out when they're stuck inside. That big perch our rooster uses throughout the day and especially first thing in the morning as he converses with a neighbor's rooster, telling him how awesome he is :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by