post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. tatinatimom

tatinatimom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2014
    Tonganoxie, KS
    We are trying to introduce our 12 week old and 7 week old chicks. They are in the run with their coops and half the run separated do they can see each other. We had a little make shift shelter for the little ones until I got gonna from work today. I have told my hubby multiple times, "hunny, face it, you ain't no handy man!" I guess I stand corrected!

2. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA

Aww well he gets 2 points for effort!

3. tatinatimom

May 22, 2014
    Tonganoxie, KS
    And the picture didn't load from my phone! GRRRRR!
    I will have to do it from the computer later I guess. :(

4. tatinatimom

May 22, 2014
    Tonganoxie, KS
    I am so proud of him!!! He did a fantastic job for someone with no carpentry skills!! I never said a word about the small one they had. He took it upon himself to build something bigger. Then he just said," the girls need something bigger!" ;-) I think he secretly likes them!! :)

5. Springermom

Springermom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2013
    Sunbury, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 5 girls moved in a couple months ago. The big part is my potting shed. I access the nest boxes from inside the shed and have a window that opens into the run. Its easy to toss in some treats without stepping in poo. Lily likes to watch the backyard action from the landing.

1 person likes this.
  6. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    almost done and i will be so glad to get the chickens out of my screen house, to many for the coop we have, there are 23 in here and 28 in coop dh said maybe next week we well get the roos out see just how many we have, only one is large the rest are in the peeps we know we have 4 so far, and we just lost a sexlick was trying to get to the grass out side the fence, she was in the back so we did not see her, not sure how long she was there but i saw all the chickens over there so i went to chick and here she was with nick in fence, not sure if because it was so hot she went fast, but it was not long.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Of course it's built by the world's best husband! He knows his wife is cooking him breakfast out of those eggs!

8. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    I adore the playhouse coops. We've looked at Amish Quaker and Dutch and ezclean coops but my heart tugs at the Playhouse look. I think I found someone who'll build on site for us. Gotta get some reference backup first. Love the landing and wide spacious ramps you have for your girls.

1 person likes this.
  9. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    [​IMG]
    This coop is 6'x14' with six nest boxes, 20' of roost poles, and is designed to be moved once a week. By moving it weekly, your chickens have fresh clean ground, new space to explore, fresh grass, able to supplement diet, and leave manure behind as fertilizer. Two people can push it forward 14' each week, or you can pull it forward with a riding mower or 4 wheeler. Muddy runs are a thing of the past. This coop looks nice in a urban or rural setting. The wheels are 8" and have a 300# per wheel capacity.

1 person likes this.
  10. dusica731

dusica731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2014
    Here's my coop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by