post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Cknldy

Cknldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    Appalachian mtns
    [​IMG] Everything I build is from salvaged lumber/scrap materials so although not always elegant they functional;-) Yep, that is swimming pool plastic separating the bottom halves too- I was running out of lumber and the bottom sections needed to be solid so boys wouldn't fight. I still have to wire or block the bottom, level with compost probably, put up roosts and a board to hang waterers from. I think I'll skip over and find some waterer ideas better suited for a single chicken apartment.

2. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    I liked the idea of having some natural light coming in but will it be too hot during these hot summer days?[​IMG] You've got what I'm wanting to get but my DH says it might be really hot in there?! I guess I want a good argument to get my way..probably get my way anyway since I will be taking the truck and going after it. [​IMG]Did you have to put anything under it except support beams?

3. donniek

donniek Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2014
    Central Arkansas
    So many coops to look at, and it's been quite an education.
    I may have missed a few throughout my browsing that would answer my question, but, does anyone with a 4'X4'ish coop have a good shot of the inside showing the roosting bar locations? That is the only thing I haven't got figured out so far.

4. Zadizzle

Zadizzle New Egg

Jun 18, 2014
    Here's our work in progress, we started on Memorial day and I am so happy/relieved that we are almost done. We are trying to figure out the best option for roofing the run. We'll post more complete pictures after all the roofing and painting is complete, what a project!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. jtbass2756

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    Well we are progressing....since I have volunteers, I don't get a lot of say about the materials....all free so far. I'm going to pick up some roofing panels (those fiberglass corregated ones). The are doing a good job so far with what they have. Everything is of recycled wood which means there are a lot of cracks and holes. Soooooooooo.....when they finish their work....I will be going to work with my 1/4" or 1/2" wiring. If you look closely, you will see they used "chicken wire" (I hate it [​IMG]) on my run.....they are at lease half way thru. They are going to also put it over the top with a board support. Don't mind it there BUT.... I bought a $50 roll of 1/4" hardware wire......had it just 6' from them.!!!!!!! They had to move it to put the post in! HELLO !!!!!!!!! The best thing I can say....this young man means well and is doing this on his own time/and has harvested these boards from an old shed...so sweet. He's putting in good bones for me to be able to attach my wiring to.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. dusica731

dusica731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2014

It's just the framed roof. The beams ur seeing are the top roost beams. I leave my door and window open during the hot days along with the chicken door to provide a nice breeze, but my flock free ranges freely on the property and prefer to spend their day in the shades wood line. I put ice in their h2o and the love watermelon ;) We have very cold winters and wanted to be sure they would be warm without jacking up my electric bill using heat lamps. The coop is also fully insulated and house wrapped... Let me know how everything turns out with ur coop! Good luck!

7. jtbass2756

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]just posted message/picture of/and about my coop in progress. Some of the run will be in a bush line to the right so that will help. It will also have a window put in at the front (its not there yet) that will be open. There will be ventilation near roofline. LOLOL.....with this old lumber....there will be more ventilation than I'm really comfortable with but beggers can't be choosers.....I'm blessed to have someone build it for me. I did go out and hold boards yesterday since he was by himself. Check it out.[​IMG]

8. dusica731

dusica731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2014
    It's coming along great! Love the fenced yard! Ur gunna have some happy chickies ;)

9. PrettyPullets

PrettyPullets New Egg

Jun 6, 2014
    Knightdale, NC
    [​IMG]
    Finally getting a chance to post our playhouse turned chicken coop. Our chicks aren't old enough to be out of the brooder at night yet but they love using the run during the day.

1 person likes this.
  10. kevinmccal

kevinmccal Just Hatched

Apr 22, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    In the process of building a coop and run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by