post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jessbe

jessbe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2014
    Ohio
    That is beautiful!

1 person likes this.
  2. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] That's pretty cool!!! [​IMG]Love what you have done with the place...any inside picts yet? What kind of predators do you have in the area?

1 person likes this.
  3. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    @jessbe Where on earth did you dig up that old post???? That post from Angela Penny was dated back in 1-26-2012 !! [​IMG][​IMG]

She hasn't been active on the BYC forum in over 2 years.......just sayin' ....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. pauleysgrl

pauleysgrl New Egg

Sep 26, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Here is our solution to all the predators here in Tucson, Arizona. We put the coop inside a kennel and covered it with a tarp. And if you look closely, you will notice a baby monitor sitting on the chair so I can hear any trouble at night, lol. We are fortunate enough to have our coop right outside our laundry room door. Thus far, we have seen lots of racoons, coyotes and a bobcat on our property, so we were really worried about our chickens getting killed. So far, this is working and the only trouble we have had at night was 3 javelina trying to get into the compost bin. I love waking up to the sounds of our little flock in the morning, although my husband might beg to differ!

5. jessbe

Jun 20, 2014
    Ohio

I was just browsing the thread and I seen that lol

6. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG]

7. jessbe

Jun 20, 2014
    Ohio
    I absolutely love your coop!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. callgood

callgood Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2014
    Alabama
    Funny how predators act differently in different parts of the world. I have never had a problem with coon or weasels, only possums. They only caused problems with chicks though, never adults. But they were devasting when they did get in, lost several each time. That is what motivated me to build another coop and grow out pen that was predator proof.

9. famousgrouse

famousgrouse Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2014
    Romeo, MI
    Here is mine.. Ready for new Tenants...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Bending linoleum up the wall a bit makes it eventually crack and you'll lose the intent of its use. My sister had linoleum on her floors going up the wall a bit and nailed to the wall with metal strips like they always did in 1950's house building and it cracks. She had to re-tile her kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom floors. I don't know that today's linoleums are any better now but something to think about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by