post your chicken coop pictures here!

did more painting tonight, got DH to do the top part same as bottom, he said he would do it in the morning, then i told him to put it together i would paint it then he could put it on the top door, will look like a barn door, think chickens are ready to move, went in tonight to check for eggs, only got 8 today yesterday and Sunday got 9 each day, not sure what is going on we have 23 that should be laying, have a few think they are going to set but we have to many already, we have been taken them off nest and putting them out side, tonight i went to go in yard and one of the black sex-link hens jumped on my arm well there was blood everywhere, i am on blood thinner so that made it worse, told DH i will have to go in with long selves'

OK, new pics that are actually in focus
big_smile.png
They survived their first night outside in the coop. When I checked them slightly after dark, they were all in a big ball on the floor in a corner. First, the New Hampshires and White Wyandottes.

Now the Buff Orps and Black Australorps:

Yes, there is one oddball in that mix... That was my mystery chick from McMurray. I think it's a roo, and it appears barred, but I have no idea what it is. Any guesses? My daughter says "It's really pretty!"
hugs.gif
I think to myself... It might turn out to be really pretty tasty
ep.gif

OK, new pics that are actually in focus
big_smile.png
They survived their first night outside in the coop. When I checked them slightly after dark, they were all in a big ball on the floor in a corner. First, the New Hampshires and White Wyandottes.

Now the Buff Orps and Black Australorps:

Yes, there is one oddball in that mix... That was my mystery chick from McMurray. I think it's a roo, and it appears barred, but I have no idea what it is. Any guesses? My daughter says "It's really pretty!"
hugs.gif
I think to myself... It might turn out to be really pretty tasty
ep.gif

We have just about completed our new coop. Few minor details left. Designed it with the help of wichita Chicken coop and Chicken palace plans. It was the first time my husband and I have ever done anything like this together. Since I'm retired and had more time, I ordered/picked up all of the materials. I was so proud of myself as we had very little waste. Just enough to make a brooder. Chicks come July 21st. More details on the coop are in this article: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/clamser-coop-started-on-05-02-2014

We have just about completed our new coop. Few minor details left. Designed it with the help of wichita Chicken coop and Chicken palace plans. It was the first time my husband and I have ever done anything like this together. Since I'm retired and had more time, I ordered/picked up all of the materials. I was so proud of myself as we had very little waste. Just enough to make a brooder. Chicks come July 21st. More details on the coop are in this article: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/clamser-coop-started-on-05-02-2014

LOVE IT! Great job lydzchiz! I notice how the coop is wonderfully coordinated with the house and garage!
What type of chicks are you expecting?

Well done!
welcome-byc.gif
and the thread! You folks did a really nice job there! I'm sure your chicks will love it

Well done... Nice and tight.

Brooder's at a nice height and on wheels

Back
Top Bottom