post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here is a pic of our coop. It took a couple days to build but it was well worth it! We only have $68 in this coop. All wood was reclaimed.

Cute model.

Question: What steps have you taken to secure the bottom of the run from wildlife. With wooded areas around the property you'll have wildlife you never knew existed until you get chickens! 1-inch chicken poultry wire will keep chickens inside but will not keep predators outside!

Cute model.

Question: What steps have you taken to secure the bottom of the run from wildlife.  With wooded areas around the property you'll have wildlife you never knew existed until you get chickens!  1-inch chicken poultry wire will keep chickens inside but will not keep predators outside!

This picture is only the completed coop. My wife and I have since made a pasture area approx 25x25 using 12 gauge fabric fencing. Thus far we have escaped any tragedy, however we are always on our guard! I appreciate the question.

This picture is only the completed coop. My wife and I have since made a pasture area approx 25x25 using 12 gauge fabric fencing. Thus far we have escaped any tragedy, however we are always on our guard! I appreciate the question.
I get nervous seeing so much vegetation and forested area around easy-to-dig-under pen wire. Make me feel better and put boulders, paver stones, or cinder-blocks around the perimeter of the fence. You've got a couple of places for the chickens to dive under from aerial predators but it's those day-browsing critters like foxes, raccoons, coyotes, oppossums, stray dogs, bobcats, weasels, etc that will figure a way to get inside that fencing and will easily dig under it in a flash. Those vegetable patches will entice raccoons for certain.

Most definitely... we had about 48 hours of rain set in this morning so no further progress will happen for a few more days
sad.png

I'm in NW La and it rained so much yesterday that I put a tarp on my little 4' x 6' dog kennel with cloth top and chicken wire over it. The tarp sagged and it looked like a kiddie pool. I'll have to do like the bigger coop and use tin from now on. Funny.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom