post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Ok.....has anyone out there dealt with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever this year?[​IMG] .........Got a call from my primary telling me I tested positive....o antibiotics..for 3 weeks. Never had this before !!![​IMG]
  2. chicken umm

chicken umm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    This is our new coop, we just finished it this week and hope to get our girls sometime this week.
    3 people like this.
  3. 16 paws

16 paws Chillin' With My Peeps

spectacular I must say![​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  4. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    we have an old rabbit cage which we are going to use, dh took it apart to start it but we slowed down, we will have it up even with new coop with poop door going into it, not real large but we had so much rain last year they were locked in coop, could not walk on ground they would have to swim, lmdo, [​IMG] he took roof off so we could move it it will go right next to the coop but passed the window. then when we are done with this we are going to turn the camper coop so they have a lot of room in the front as it is the door to coop is only a short way from gate one of them was at door and flow over gate, so we put a top over gate[​IMG] i just finished painting this
  5. cnservativecoop

cnservativecoop New Egg

Jul 19, 2014
    Muskego, WI
    Just need some real chickens now, besides my boy. Lol. Anyone know where to look for year old hens for sale? Want 3-4 egg layers first, then will raise next.
  6. Drewnkat

Drewnkat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Here is our little coop. It was re-purposed from a dog house someone was getting rid of, and a dog run someone was selling for fifty bucks on craigslist. We added nesting boxes on the sides, a door that opens up for cleaning access on the back, and we re-did the roof because it was old warped plywood that was falling apart. It kind of looks like a tin roof in the photo, but it's actually the plastic stuff in light blue.

The orange bucket in the top photo is their water fountain, with poultry "nipples."

Inside view:

They don't really "need" a heat lamp in July, but they were stressed out by the new environment, and turning on the night light calmed them right down.[​IMG]
  7. hope524

hope524 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    Not quite done but getting there.
  8. jmcgee83

jmcgee83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Louisville Kentucky
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  9. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    This is my old coop my husband was unemployed at the time so it was built with a lot of scrap lumber, it is still standing, but we aren't staying in that house at the present time and are in the process of building a new one and I just started a new flock.
    here is the beginning of the new coop. As you can see by the puddles of water on the tarp we had to stop we have more done now but got stopped by the rain again this weekend.
  10. RoosterDon

RoosterDon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2014
    Austin Texas

We started with the small green coop. I then decided to take the tree fort that I built with the kids years ago and fully enclose it, and attach the green coop to it. I will update with another pic tomorrow of our free range area. I put up green fencing from Home Depot, then had to add an extra 5 feet because our chickens would fly over it. Lots of work, but it really turned out well. They have a lot of room to free range and I have added nesting boxes to various places giving them several options to lay. We have 15 total, at least two are roosters, maybe more, 8 or 9 are laying, and we have 2 young ones who have not been added to the big house yet. The laying is now all being done on the second floor of the tree fort. I think they feel safer up there. The original chickens that we got with the green coop continue to roost in there. The new addition chickens are roosting on the second floor of the tree fort now. This was the best decision we ever made getting chickens, then hatching chicks from our own eggs. Those chickens are very friendly with us and will jump up on our legs and shoulders and head sometimes when we are feeding them treats. The tree fort addition in this photo is not finished. It now has gates that I built. Wrapping that sucker with chicken wire was a very tough job, and putting down predator proof wiring on the ground.

We have lost one large hen to a hawk who hauled her off, and one baby was mauled by a predator, we think a hawk that mauled her in our yard. Sad, but that is what we signed up for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by