post your chicken coop pictures here!

Prim, is there a pic of your coop on here? I'd love to see your style.

Here it is.

I built the shelter first. Then I built the coop under the shelter. I got the posts from the side of the road.

Last edited:
T, I Have one idea. When building this yourself, use screws instead of nails. This allows you to take it back apart easily for any changes that might be made during the building process. Yes, it is a little more money, but it allows you to change anything easily while you're building. Just my opinion

Yep screws are a must lol

X2. I had to take apart quite a few times. A drill with a Phillips head bit made screwing in and taking out easy. I went ahead and dug deep and bought really good easy glide screws. Otherwise I tended to strip them and then out comes the hack saw. Bummer. The really good ones have star or square heads and the bit comes free in the package. One thing I don't go cheap on is screws. You'll thank me later. Almost Everything else I get from the side of the road. Also, if you make your coop the standard size of wood, plywood, etc. it cuts down on board cutting. I got my plywood from Lowe's and brought the measurements for the top and back and they cut it free for me, I couldn't have gotten the full size in my car anyway.

I get the good screws from lowes lol...

:love oh the cinder blocks !!!!!! This would be great and save on wood... A little low to the ground but beggars can't be choosers..... Maybe two stacker? :highfive:

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] our girls will be spending their first night in their new coop tonight! The nest box is temporary until my husband can get one built in. He built a cupola for the roof but needs help putting it up so he is just covering the hole with wood and a tarp until tomorrow. He is also making "chicken jail" under the roosts with removable mesh panels, just incase we need it someday.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] our girls will be spending their first night in their new coop tonight! The nest box is temporary until my husband can get one built in. He built a cupola for the roof but needs help putting it up so he is just covering the hole with wood and a tarp until tomorrow. He is also making "chicken jail" under the roosts with removable mesh panels, just incase we need it someday.

I love this coop!

[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom