post your chicken coop pictures here!

Sounds like you monitor your puppy and grandkids. It's when there's no monitoring that it's iffy about trusting pets or small children around layers. My Mom on the farm said to never trust little kids or puppies behind your back because they get into trouble in the wink of an eye and that's stuck with me all these years!
yes i do monitor the dog, no matter how good they are it is in them to eat anything and he is a cocher spanial, which is a hunting dog, so i do think he would kill them if not out there with him, but then we even go out with him to go potty, to many out get taken right from the yard so we are with him at all times, never leaves the yard, as for the kids, they love getting eggs from coop but only come maybe in the summer, not like they are there all the time. we have 2 chickens them come to us to pick up, the kids know to only pick them 2 up.

maybe someone can tell me why we are getting this small egg, all our chickens are over a year old and have been laying, not like we are waiting for one to lay the one i think is a double youk

I can't find sign of my bird anywhere... No blood, feathers... It's just gone... I've even searched the other yards and the small open plot next to us.... She either flew away, was carred away or little green men came and took her for untold reasons...
sickbyc.gif
hope it's not the latter
lau.gif

That would be weird. Lol...

Anyway... I'm starting to think it may be an air attack...

Man, this is such a depressing story and getting worse and worse with each post and pretty much why I stay away from the "Predators" part of the forum. And that's must as a reader. It must be so heartbreaking for you as flock keeper.
hit.gif

Unsubscribing for now ... Good luck getting your coop built. I hope that happens while you still have some birds to put in it.
hit.gif

maybe someone can tell me why we are getting this small egg, all our chickens are over a year old and have been laying, not like we are waiting for one to lay the one i think is a double youk
I just had the same...
Stress egg.. Either being picked on, attacked or some other stress factor causing that mini-me egg

Ok guys... I'm thinking of getting a 10' x 10' x6' tall kennel w/cover until the new place is built... Is 100square foot with the coop inside enough room for my depleted flock of 8 now?

Back
Top Bottom