post your chicken coop pictures here!

no it is not common i got one last week and one this week, it has no youk in it so i will fry it mix it in with there pie next week, i had rir and sex licks which lay a nice egg. its hard to say who is laying it, we have 43 hens. i have yet to get 43 eggs in one day, i know they only lay every other day, so the books say, i have had chickens for a lot of years and got an egg a day from chickens not off days. i am going to have to go out and have talk with them.
wee.gif

Nothing wrong with a yolk-less egg. In fact it saves a lot of time for those people who request a "3 egg white" omelette. Or for recipes that call for whites and you are stuck figuring out what to make with all the yolks.

There is no such thing as "a chicken lays eggs in this set pattern". Prior to losing 2 last spring I had 12 and only ONE time did I get 12 eggs in a single day. And I've never had 10 in one day since.
I have one hen that likes to go broody and is working on a mini moult right now but when she is laying, she is a demon. She will regularly lay 5 or six days straight then take a day off. My best layer once laid 14 days straight then took 2 days off.

Here's some pictures of my grain shed chicken coop ...

Slick, Insta coop! Do you have to do anything to make sure it doesn't get too hot inside in the summer?

Exactly a month ago today and some fencing materials and good ole sweat n tears this is how it's looking today!!
smile.png
smile.png

Still far from finished but so far happy with the outcome I will def post finished pics soon thanks for looking ya'll
smile.png

Nice find. Curious about how many hens you plan to have because that looks like a LOT of nest boxes for the eventual size of the coop.

Nothing wrong with a yolk-less egg. In fact it saves a lot of time for those people who request a "3 egg white" omelette. Or for recipes that call for whites and you are stuck figuring out what to make with all the yolks.

There is no such thing as "a chicken lays eggs in this set pattern". Prior to losing 2 last spring I had 12  and only ONE time did I get 12 eggs in a single day. And I've never had 10 in one day since.
I have one hen that likes to go broody and is working on a mini moult right now but when she is laying, she is a demon. She will regularly lay 5 or six days straight then take a day off. My best layer once laid 14 days straight then took 2 days off.

Slick, Insta coop! Do you have to do anything to make sure it doesn't get too hot inside in the summer?

Nice find. Curious about how many hens you plan to have because that looks like a LOT of nest boxes for the eventual  size of the coop.

I already have 6 maybe 2 more and that's it..

Well, I thought I was going to have to build a coop for a stray...

Spotted this big boy/girl hanging out beside my chicken run... He/she is skittish so I'm not sure if it's wild or an escaped pet.. What is this critter?!

Last edited:
Question for those out there in the chicken world. Ive read its best to not have food or water in the actual coop. So what do I do if I'm going away for a few days ?

Question for those out there in the chicken world. Ive read its best to not have food or water in the actual coop. So what do I do if I'm going away for a few days ?

Really depends on the size of the coop and whether or not you have a secure enough run that you feel comfortable leaving the pop door open while you're gone. A lot of people with larger coops have food and water inside them.

Back
Top Bottom