post your chicken coop pictures here!

Mine have been free ranging (supervised) in the evenings. We've been carrying them back into the house after that. Last night we lured them all the way to the ladder and then they all bolted when they realized we wanted them to go inside. We had to pick them up and put them in. I know they have to learn I just want to make that as easy on them as possible. If locking them in chicken jail for a few days is the way to do it then I guess that's what we'll do. Maybe they can have some watermelon in a while.

Wow fireguy, that is a well made beautiful coop. It looks like there might even be a gift shop inside. :)
Your chickens live in style. My hat is off to you.

Last edited:
Ploub.....I absolutely love your coop.
bow.gif
I would call it a cadllic coop.. Would love to have one that big...Enjoy
Wish I could get my hubby to go along with enlarging...he's just not into my chickens.
sad.png
I so wish that was my coop but I was just commenting on Crazycomb's coop.

help

Mine have been free ranging (supervised) in the evenings. We've been carrying them back into the house after that. Last night we lured them all the way to the ladder and then they all bolted when they realized we wanted them to go inside. We had to pick them up and put them in. I know they have to learn I just want to make that as easy on them as possible. If locking them in chicken jail for a few days is the way to do it then I guess that's what we'll do. Maybe they can have some watermelon in a while.
It's not jail. I ground my kids when thay don't come in on time so I ground my chickens the same as my kids.I leave them in the coop with a large run for a couple weeks so they know where home is ,Then I let them out and test them and if they don't come home then they stay in for a couple more days and repeat as many times as needed till they come home on their own.Treats really help too and I enjoy watching them get treats.My rooster dances around his as if he is doing the happy dance.He is still young so he may still be trying to figure out the mating thing but it is still fun to watch him dance around the frozen fruit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom