post your chicken coop pictures here!

yogifink...............
bow.gif
..............You have a freeking awesome chicken treehouse!!!
wee.gif
I agree! It's brilliant!

Our duck coop is finally finished!

I couldn't find any plans to create the duck coop that we wanted, so I started with a picture of one I liked and made it my own. It's 4 x 8, 3 feet tall, and comes complete with a sunken pool. The pool has a drain and drains down hill into a 5 acre farm. I put a roof over half of the coop in case they need to get away from the rain. Yea, it's Portland and it rains.

I wanted the coop up off the ground for a number of reasons, the most important being to keep predators from getting in. The height also makes it easier to clean. Hardware cloth surrounds three sides plus half of the roof. I have it so well connected that you can't get a pencil in,much less the arm of a raccoon. I plan to paint the outside of the coop barn red. We've put lights around the coop, and it's delightful in the evening. I plan to add a lattice fence underneath. I also want to do something whimsical with the upper posts.

Needless to say, they love it! We now have a nesting box and have been getting fresh eggs for about 3 weeks now. During the day when we're home, they roam around the back yard and spend time in a Little Tykes pool I found on Craigslist. Pete, the lab, keeps the critters away and loves keeping the ducks safe.

This is my coop I just built for my seramas I'm getting. It is 2 by 3 and I'm wondering if i should get two or three seramas. My only worry is the hole where the ramp will be may let heat out and it will be two cold for them

The nest boxes are in the bottom left corner and the perches aren't in there because they have just been painted and I don't know what to do with the empty space any suggestions

This is my coop I just built for my seramas I'm getting. It is 2 by 3 and I'm wondering if i should get two or three seramas. My only worry is the hole where the ramp will be may let heat out and it will be two cold for them

The nest boxes are in the bottom left corner and the perches aren't in there because they have just been painted and I don't know what to do with the empty space any suggestions
Do you have a run where they can get out during the day? My coop is about that size but it is sitting on a 4 x 10 run and I have only 4 in there. I'm afraid to put more than 1 or 2 more due to the tight space and I don't want them to start getting aggressive with each other. Am putting together a portable tractor which will help with the space issue and then I would possibly get 2 more.
yippiechickie.gif

Do you have a run where they can get out during the day? My coop is about that size but it is sitting on a 4 x 10 run and I have only 4 in there. I'm afraid to put more than 1 or 2 more due to the tight space and I don't want them to start getting aggressive with each other. Am putting together a portable tractor which will help with the space issue and then I would possibly get 2 more.
yippiechickie.gif
Yes I have a run about 10 x 4/5 I haven't bought my seramas yet but how many do you suggest getting. Ill probably get a trio. And are you sure about a tractor your set up sounds fine put up some pics

Last edited:
I finally get to share some pictures here! Our coop was built by an awesome mennonite guy so we can't take credit for that. We had great plans to build something but our schedules never allowed us to get it done before our chicks outgrew our upstairs bathroom. lol. So, this past weekend we were able to get their run completed. I've got 6 hens (2 RIR, 2 gold sexlinks, and 2 Ameracaunas) in a 4x4 (4x5 with the 4 nesting boxes) coop. Their run is about 12ft.x4ft.x6ft. We still have to put a few bars across the middle but I'm pretty happy with it. The girls free range 99% of the time but we wanted to be able to have a run for when we're gone for the day so they can still get out of the coop.

And this is the start of our duck house. This is all scrap wood from broken down pallets (what we were originally going to build the chicken coop out of). We were given 5 muscovy ducks so this will be their main house. We're going to build a run off the front and use a tire that my neighbors dumped down the edge of their property to line and bury in the ground to give them a water area.

This is my chicken coop! I took our old dog house and revamped it to work for our girls. I am by no means carpentry skilled, so it has its issues, but im still proud of myself. :)

Hello,

New to the community. After research, I designed a coop and am in the final stages of building my own Chicken coop with a run. The coop is 4x8, real easy because that is the size of a typical sheet of plywood! ;-) Used 3/4 plywood for the floor. The walls are 2x2 in a lento design with one side 4' high and the other 3' high. I will have 4 nesting boxes, overkill for 4 hens but I will grow the flock to 8-10 with the 4x8 coop. The chicken run is 15x33. Good size. I live on 1.75 acres with an orchard of 40 or so fruit trees. Plenty of room to 'free range'. I have my order or 4 hens in from Dare2Dreamfarms.com. I started on Aug 22nd working about 30 minutes at a time. With 5 kids, that is about all the free time I have during the day!!!

This is the area, next to my 12x24 storage shed I build:

4x8 floor

Front and side wall done, roost in as well

Front, sides and rear framing done

Ready for skin (siding and roof)

Cleanout doors, nesting boxes to the left in the pic

I put the siding on last night, no pics, will take more when I get home tonight and update. Roof goes on Thursday and Chickens on Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom