post your chicken coop pictures here!

It's good to know that I'm not the only person that spent way too much money on their coop. I can sleep better tonight. Will post pics after trim is painted.

Very nice.

I hope you mean you cut their wing feathers and not their wings!
ep.gif
wink.png

This is my coop from the beginning

Then, I divided it into 2 sections

Then, I added nesting boxes and put clear plastic around it for the winter. I added black felt paper (because it was just laying around) between the two pens to keep out the cold.

This is my coop from the beginning

Then, I divided it into 2 sections

Then, I added nesting boxes and put clear plastic around it for the winter. I added black felt paper (because it was just laying around) between the two pens to keep out the cold.

Very nice.

I don't see roosts though.

Thanks. Its still a work in progress...It will have a roost soon. I have done all the work myself except for the doors and my husband made those for me.
Excellent job.

It's a great coop for Alabama.

If you root around garage sales old ladders make great roosts, no assembly required.
wink.png

We have a small furniture business so I can get my hands on LOTS of scrap lumber. I also drive a school bus and substitute at the school too. I do have an old wooden ladder in my old coop that's at my mother in laws that I had forgotten about. Guess, I need to go get it this weekend.

I don't know the exact dimensions. The board on bottom was roughly 16 foot. I had 4 of those the same length so I used them for the top and bottom for the front and back. Then the ones on the side were either 8 or 10 foot. They were all the same so I did the same with those on the sides. This was all scraps from the building of our house so I didn't have to cut anything. The rafters was some left over 2x4's and I just used hurricane staps that was left over also so I didn't have to notch them. LOL. The 4x4 posts were 8 ft I believe and I put them 18 inches into the ground. I put left over chicken wire across the bottom and then out about 2 foot and covered with dirt so animals wouldn't dig under. Then I used hardware cloth for the sides. The metal top was even left over from different projects. Some of the tin is red and some is silver.

Back
Top Bottom