post your chicken coop pictures here!

Simply stunning ! The good Lord is such an amazing artist
big_smile.png
Yes!

Here's ours we finished this week. The coop is a second hand Wendy house which was rotting so has been stripped back and we have used the bare bones. Everything else is recycled or gifted items, it's the biggest thing we have designed and built ourselves. Probably the wrong place to ask but can anyone help with my roosting issues. I built one 4" x 1" flat side up, 3" in the air and I'm putting the birds up there on a night (they all came from places where I think they only slept on the floor), the two LF seem to be getting it and got down on their own today but the two orpington bantams have to be put up and got down on a morning. I built a ladder but they just look at it confused! I thought about building a lower one but then it will be on a level with the nest boxes....help. They both liked sleeping under the nest boxes but I was told they may get mites sleeping on the floor.

Here's ours we finished this week. The coop is a second hand Wendy house which was rotting so has been stripped back and we have used the bare bones. Everything else is recycled or gifted items, it's the biggest thing we have designed and built ourselves. Probably the wrong place to ask but can anyone help with my roosting issues. I built one 4" x 1" flat side up, 3" in the air and I'm putting the birds up there on a night (they all came from places where I think they only slept on the floor), the two LF seem to be getting it and got down on their own today but the two orpington bantams have to be put up and got down on a morning. I built a ladder but they just look at it confused! I thought about building a lower one but then it will be on a level with the nest boxes....help. They both liked sleeping under the nest boxes but I was told they may get mites sleeping on the floor.

That ramp is too steep (maybe put something about a foot high under the low end of the ramp), not enough cleats (should be 6 inches between cleats) and needs to go the front edge of the roost board rather than how you've got it.
I can't really tell how far away from the wall it is, should be at least a foot away from wall.

Last edited:
It seems your roosting bar is WAY too high up for them. And I agree with the other poster about the ramp being WAY too steep for them. You might try something like this, maybe??

Gets them off the ground, but more at a level that they might not be afraid of...just MHO. Best of luck whichever way you go!!
yippiechickie.gif

all framed up
all boarded in.
Still need to get hinges and cedar shakes then hard ware cloth to predator proof the coop and run.

Back
Top Bottom