post your chicken coop pictures here!

Thanks for the advice. I did install two 2" drain lines for the greenroof with holes out the side wall. But I should finish the inside selling because we're expecting our fist egg real soon. As for the rooster not sure how long well keep him. We do live in a development and he started crowing a few weeks ago... I kind of like it but I don't want to annoy the neighborhood.

Unfortunately I need about 100+ additional paver stones to finish both my back and front yards but will have to wait until next Memorial Day Home Depot sale to get the stones at discount.
barnie.gif

I find at Home depot you quite often can wheel and deal. If you remember the memorial day sale price or show a good pavers priced from some other vendor, even if out of state, they will sometimes meet it.

My Silkies couldn't eat the dry layer pellets so we switched to crumbles.  My Silkies aren't too keen even with wetting it down.  I noticed before that my Silkies would take moistened layer pellets out of the dish and savour each little piece where they don't do that with the crumbles.  My next bag I'm switching back to pellets again and letting it absorb some moisture so the pellets keep their shape and the Silkies can savour each piece again.  Don't know why my bantams are such dainty eaters.  Our Ameraucana just chows down and feed flies everywhere!

Wow such picky eatters

My Silkies couldn't eat the dry layer pellets so we switched to crumbles.  My Silkies aren't too keen even with wetting it down.  I noticed before that my Silkies would take moistened layer pellets out of the dish and savour each little piece where they don't do that with the crumbles.  My next bag I'm switching back to pellets again and letting it absorb some moisture so the pellets keep their shape and the Silkies can savour each piece again.  Don't know why my bantams are such dainty eaters.  Our Ameraucana just chows down and feed flies everywhere!

Thanks... We were using the Purena also but this was on sale and we needed it now!!!

Well.... Lots of tipping, pushing, shoving and crab walking the coop on the stand and it's secured... At least until tomorrow when the fun starts... Trying to move the birds outside!!! Oh and I warned him that it would be way to tall... I'll need my step ladder to get the eggs lol.... Tonight will be spent on a heating pad and praying a good nights sleep with the aid of some pain killer will shave him lol...

Thanks for the advice. I did install two 2" drain lines for the greenroof with holes out the side wall. But I should finish the inside selling because we're expecting our fist egg real soon. As for the rooster not sure how long well keep him. We do live in a development and he started crowing a few weeks ago... I kind of like it but I don't want to annoy the neighborhood.

On MyPetChicken.com they sell a No-Crow Rooster Collar that might work for you if you really wanted to keep the roo and muffle his crow. It takes some adjustments to get used to the proper fit but a lot of people like them. I would never use it on Silkies because the velcro gets caught in their fluff but hard-feathered roos would be ok. You probably could even make one yourself it is such a simple design.

I find at Home depot you quite often can wheel and deal. If you remember the memorial day sale price or show a good pavers priced from some other vendor, even if out of state, they will sometimes meet it.

I do wheel and deal but I think I'd better use up the 65 stones from my last 100 stone purchase before I stack up any more
lau.gif

I just know I need at least 100 more to finish up the two yards but baby steps a little at a time. At 70 I don't move as fast as I used to!

Not sure if inside of coop posted. So here it is.
As Bruceha2000 says the perches should at least be 3-Inches round or I like the 2x4 planks for roosts with the flat side up. Thin perches are hard on the chickens' legs/feet and in cold weather like to have a platform perch to cover their feet with their feathers.

Back
Top Bottom