post your chicken coop pictures here!

check out the article that I wrote for byc about red golden pheasants....byc is expanding their learning center...im so thankful for the opportunity to do this article...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...-golden-pheasant-pic-heavy-with-mutation-pics
it took so long to do but well worth it hope everyone likes the info and the pics
they will be moving the article when the pheasants/chuckars page get created but you can view it here for right now...but will more then likely be moved tomorrow...

I don't have an official coop yet just horse stalls to convert into breeding pens but I love this thread for all the great ideas! I love the creative theme coops and also the ones made from recycled materials. Very good ideas everyone! Thanks for sharing your hard work!

1week left folks... Then he (hubby) has no excuse. My coop WILL be built or he will sleep with the kids until it's done.. :old
I'm getting tired of waiting lol

1week left folks... Then he (hubby) has no excuse. My coop WILL be built or he will sleep with the kids until it's done..
old.gif

I'm getting tired of waiting lol

I think you've the patience of a saint! I can't believe you've waited this long and haven't stuck a red hot poker up his butt to get him moving! I mean now you've even lost birds because of his laziness and unwillingness to get the job done. Honestly woman... I'm at a loss here.

I think you've the patience of a saint! I can't believe you've waited this long and haven't stuck a red hot poker up his butt to get him moving! I mean now you've even lost birds because of his laziness and unwillingness to get the job done. Honestly woman... I'm at a loss here.

Some times I wonder myself... I've figured out that if I keep pestering him then it will make him less likely to want to get it knocked out... If I get his MOM ( :eek: oh yes I did ) to get on his case it will get done... She called his brothers, who in turned called him, and now not this weekend but the next, they are having a big old work day here in my yard... Within a month I will have a privacy fence, coop and run built.... By order of his momma.... I will be able to let the kids and dog run free... The trees and bushes torn down AND my garden plot prepped for my spring veggies...

Some times I wonder myself... I've figured out that if I keep pestering him then it will make him less likely to want to get it knocked out... If I get his MOM ( :eek: oh yes I did ) to get on his case it will get done... She called his brothers, who in turned called him, and now not this weekend but the next, they are having a big old work day here in my yard... Within a month I will have a privacy fence, coop and run built.... By order of his momma.... I will be able to let the kids and dog run free... The trees and bushes torn down AND my garden plot prepped for my spring veggies...
That is awesome. Glad you know his "weak" spot. Can't wait to see the pics of all the work that is getting done.

That is awesome. Glad you know his "weak" spot. Can't wait to see the pics of all the work that is getting done.

I've been ordered to take Picts of everything so that his mom can see his progress....

Shoot, even his sister has said she will come over and she and I will build it if the 'men' can't get it done... :lau

I've been ordered to take Picts of everything so that his mom can see his progress....

Shoot, even his sister has said she will come over and she and I will build it if the 'men' can't get it done... :lau
I built mine with our 13 year old daughter. I think we did a great job without my husbands help. Go girl power!!!!
1f607.png
1f47c.png

I built mine with our 13 year old daughter. I think we did a great job without my husbands help. Go girl power!!!!
1f607.png
1f47c.png

I've laid out the framework and drawn up dozens of plans...
Once my husband even took my frame APART because he said he was going to build it...
When I suggested we get a 10' x 10' dog kennel with cover and floor and run hardware cloth around the inside 2' high for the run he shot it down...

:he :mad: :smack

I've even suggested we get a small shed from lowes to convert if he doesn't have the time....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom