post your chicken coop pictures here!

Inside of the coop

Thanks!
It's 4" sch40 pvc I just had to paint it blue to give it a little pop of color in there... I painted the feeder I made brown just didn't want to leave it white I wanted it to have a more polished look

Thanks!
It's 4" sch40 pvc I just had to paint it blue to give it a little pop of color in there... I painted the feeder I made brown just didn't want to leave it white I wanted it to have a more polished look

LOL... Now I want to know what KIND of paint. Here in the desert we have to either cover pvc or paint it to protect it from UV.

deb

I am pretty sure it was a rustoleam made for plastic and I ran them both out of direct sunlight to keep them a little cooler

Kewel... no pun intended....
gig.gif

I have a hundred linear feet of water line I need to run to the horse. I can mount it on Pipe corral for support Most of the way. Digging is not an option unless someone wants to loan me a ditch witch for about a month.... If i am going to ditchwitch one line I might as well do a bunch more... LOL.

Any way Going to use pipe corral clamps to fasten it to the horse corral to get the water over to her BIG 110 gallon tub.... I been running hose for the past twelve years works good till the drought got more pronounced... Now the rabbits are puncturing the hose for water. Once the pvc line is in I can run an automatic waterer for the wild life to keep em out of the other stuff.

Long story I know. I have no one here to bounce ideas off because they are tired of hearing it... LOL.

Oh and for what its worth I use Washing machine hose to connect the water source to the float valves. Its got stainless braid on it and so far all my chicken waterers have held up famously. At one time I had four... Hot weather needs deep water to help keep it cool so I use rubber feed tubs for all my watering needs.... Dogs, Horse, Chickens, Goats... and wild life.

deb

Just finished construction on the new coop. Perfect use for the last bit of yard where nothing seemed to grow anyway. 2 silkies and an easter egger call it home now.

Welded frame with ebony stained boards finished with linseed oil and wax for weather proofing.

Welcome! Latestarter gave good advice. Do u have room to reach nest boxes? An awning over boxes for protection from rain might be helpful. We have a popup canopy over our whole coop for sun/rain protection.

This is Candance She is the bad one of the bunch

This is her isolated home

This is where Saturday and his two barred Rocks and Dominic hens live

Saturday is the white rooster

This is where they play at we are letting grass grow first

This is where you can see the other Rhode Island reds there is Shundaclaire and his two hens Candance was with him but she pecked one of the hens and made her eye foam up so she had to get her own space. She is still a little mad at me.
D.gif
hit.gif
D.gif
I wish I had recorded her and did commentary although I doubt there were any nice things said about me lol!!!!!!
How coops look isn't as important as how secure they are against predators. You have some woodsy area near your property so secure the base of your pens from digging predators. Even stray dogs will dig under to chase/kill poultry. We put a paver stone walkway around the perimeter of our coop and it kept a couple stray mutts from digging under the pen.

You have some assertive breeds mixed together so expect some mild to major squabbling. I stopped getting aggressive dual purpose breeds and after almost 4 years have settled for non-combative breeds and what a difference to have a peaceful flock. Our Leghorns and Marans had to go because they loved to chase/bully each other and picked on the gentle breeds pulling out crests/beards/muffs/combs/etc!. We get slightly less eggs from gentle breeds but not enough to notice and have no injured birds now.

Back
Top Bottom