post your chicken coop pictures here!

Welcome Plumtree3,
frow.gif

I guess your post (photo) didn't post. I heard from some here that you have to have minimum posting before you can upload a photo on a thread if am not mistaken.

Here is ours. Going to paint the coop and add sand everywhere. Also will add a few boards along middle and top for added support.

Nothing fancy but i am happy with it!

Well our missing damaged parts to our new coop are in "fabrication" and am still waiting for shipment. If the original shipment didn't come 50% damaged or missing pieces our girls would've been inside their new home for 3 weeks by now. However the company stands behind their product but they've got to make new pieces again. This thing is HUGE for a 4x4 coop and stands over 6 ft tall with a run below it that the hens can access from the inside floor - it comes with both an inside and an outside ramp. We got an additional 4 ft run to make a total of 4x8 space for the 4 girls to gather in the morning before we let them out to range. We love that the wire run is like dog kennel wire that can't be ripped open by predators. Two of us cannot move the coop until the big solid rubber-type wheels are mounted. Unless it's a Grizzly I don't think even a bear can budge it! The coop comes with kennel-type-wire predator skirting but we didn't get it since the coop will be permanently positioned on a paver stone patio and soon hopefully under a patio roof. We added wheels for times we might need to move the coop to remodel, repair, or paint the house or patio. For how heavy this thing is we felt we made the right decision for many reasons.

Here is ours. Going to paint the coop and add sand everywhere. Also will add a few boards along middle and top for added support.

Nothing fancy but i am happy with it!

Hope you have a tightly secured coop because night critters will easily get over the fence and inside the run and dogs will dig under the run by day. Put cinder blocks or paver stones around the base of the run - BTW chicken poultry wire will not keep out stray mutts - mutts broke down our gate and attacked our chicken poultry hex wire mangling it beyond repair. A neighbor chased the mutts off! Raccoons and weasels can easily tear chicken wire too because it is only twisted around itself and comes apart easily - trust me from our own experience! Most on here will suggest 1/2" hardwire - just put it right over the chicken wire.
BTW
welcome-byc.gif

Hope you have a tightly secured coop because night critters will easily get over the fence and inside the run and dogs will dig under the run by day.  Put cinder blocks or paver stones around the base of the run - BTW chicken poultry wire will not keep out stray mutts - mutts broke down our gate and attacked our chicken poultry hex wire mangling it beyond repair. A neighbor chased the mutts off!  Raccoons and weasels can easily tear chicken wire too because it is only twisted around itself and comes apart easily - trust me from our own experience!  Most on here will suggest 1/2" hardwire - just put it right over the chicken wire.
BTW :welcome

We have never had a stray get in the yard. We will put better wire, we needed to get them out there and didnt have the money for better wire. Havemt seen a racoon in my neighborhood but possums yes. Do you suggest an actual door we can shut on the coop?

Just finished the second of three of these small coops. They are fast to build and I needed to move out some chickens, and bought some new chickens, so had to have them fast! Any thoughts about adding nestboxes to an A-frame design?

Added the young Easter Eggers to thier new digs right after I finished.
Coop is 5' at the base, with 4' sides and 12' long.
Any ideas on those nestbox designs appreciated!
-Allie

so finished the expansion just have to pretty it up and paint it now...and I heard from my other half as this was done... so when do we expand again lol and where

UP! A nice second story condo on top if the first.
wink.png

I think I've settled on PVC feeders and for water I'm gonna go with horizontal nipples into 1inch pvc fed by a 35gal drum that I just located here at work...ordered the nipples from ebay a little while ago too! Thank god I rotate back to a day shift this week...I'll be off at 1pm all week so I can get some work done!

35 gallons is a LOT of water. How many chickens do you have? My 10 don't go through a gallon a week. I'm using a 5 gallon double wall drink cooler and I don't think I added more than about 5 gallons over time all winter long.

Back
Top Bottom