post your chicken coop pictures here!

I'm glad the travesty was halted before it could happen! You would have needed a top on that in a week anyway since the chicks will happily jump up onto the feeder or waterer then the side of the brooder, then to the floor. But they likely wouldn't be able to get back in. It is amazing how soon they can fly up one foot then two.

I'm glad the travesty was halted before it could happen! You would have needed a top on that in a week anyway since the chicks will happily jump up onto the feeder or waterer then the side of the brooder, then to the floor. But they likely wouldn't be able to get back in. It is amazing how soon they can fly up one foot then two.

I know right. If all goes well these little darlings will be moved to a nusery coop with a nice 5'x10'x6' tall run this next week. I just need to cull those roosters, replace that chicken wire with hardware cloth and build a baby coop. IF THE HUSBAND GETS MOVING!
1f61c.png
I'll end up doing it myself.

Does anyone have any ideas for a breeding pen pics would be help full I was thinking something like this

Don't laugh but use PVC pipe to build a tractor coop for a breeding/broody pin. I took an old dog house to use as the nest box, some plywood for 3 sides and the roof and and pvc pipe with zip ties to hold the hardware cloth in place. Add some training wheels to the bottom to make it mobile if you want
1f60a.png

As TJ said, you can build from re-use materials and scrap, or to answer your question, yes, any of the 3 you posted look like the ideal size for a breeding two/threesome (but no more!) of large fowl birds. You could probably make it work for up to 4 bantams. This assuming the coop will be inside/attached to some sort of run where they'll have plenty of room to stretch their legs.

They will be free ranged and it will be for silkies so the only time they will be locked up is if we go somewhere for a while or they will be locked inside in the winter in colder temps like down to maybe 16 or something

It don't even look that old are u going to sell it or store stuff in it or put more chickens in use it as a feed room use it as like broody place to put broodys use it for baby chicks and anything else once u get the bigger one built

Don't laugh but use PVC pipe to build a tractor coop for a breeding/broody pin. I took an old dog house to use as the nest box, some plywood for 3 sides and the roof and and pvc pipe with zip ties to hold the hardware cloth in place. Add some training wheels to the bottom to make it mobile if you want
1f60a.png

Well I would like it to be wood but that's a good idea but I want to be able to lock them in at night and I might be able to do that with the run I just would like the coop to be made of wood to be stronger

Well I would like it to be wood but that's a good idea but I want to be able to lock them in at night and I might be able to do that with the run I just would like the coop to be made of wood to be stronger
True. You could use the piping for the run and set the coop with a low opening. Shoot. You could make it a BIG run
1f609.png
. Make a door and walk right into it. We bought a 5'x15'x6' tall dog kennel and built an 8'x8'x6.5' tall barn coop. Can't move it but a big storm dropped a limb on it and it didn't budge.

Back
Top Bottom