post your chicken coop pictures here!

Hi everyone new on here and kind of new to chickens I live in the country so I've been around them all my life even had some BO's when I was a kid but this is really my fist time as an adult so now I'm learning things lol this my pen and these are my first two BR's though since ive joined this site I've learned that these nor the rest I'm picking up Friday are true BR's but I still like them John Wayne is docile and Momma there is a hoot and an egg laying machine the day I brought them home was an hour and a half ride in a dog house I rigged up to hold them and she laid an egg in there with in 10 min of being home and hasn't missed a beat yet lol

Hubby built me a new coop, have to show off a little!

Hi everyone new on here and kind of new to chickens I live in the country so I've been around them all my life even had some BO's when I was a kid but this is really my fist time as an adult so now I'm learning things lol this my pen and these are my first two BR's though since ive joined this site I've learned that these nor the rest I'm picking up Friday are true BR's but I still like them John Wayne is docile and Momma there is a hoot and an egg laying machine the day I brought them home was an hour and a half ride in a dog house I rigged up to hold them and she laid an egg in there with in 10 min of being home and hasn't missed a beat yet lol

@harvybirdman Looks great BR's are a pretty solid breed in my opinion
gad you found the site how many birds are thinking of getting ? awful
large there for 2
welcome-byc.gif

It won't let me add some pics for some reason but Polly around 10 but coons all ready got one of the pullits I was supposed to pick up Friday so maybe less until I find a replacement@penny1960

More pics if it works lol
Nice looking coop and run. I have a couple of suggestions. 1) that looks like OSB board and not plywood. Get it painted as soon as possible! Moisture will start to deteriorate and rot it rather quickly. 2) You mention coons, chicken wire will not stop coons or other predators. I would cover at least the lower 2 feet with 1/2 inch welded wire hard ware cloth as well as extending it out 2 feet around the perimeter of the coop and run to keep out digging predators.

Back
Top Bottom