Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Pics
Dun bantams??? Or sex linked Choc bantams?

I've considered going the breeding Choc bantam to LF route but I honestly don't have the space to take on a project like that. I know of a few sources that have imported supposedly true LF Chocolates. I may get eggs/birds from them eventually. Or there are several folks who have been breeding up bantams and are probably pretty close at this point, that would be an option too. The only thing about the recently imported LF Chocs is their type doesn't seem that great. Breeding them to my BBS line should correct that issue though.

Anyways, I don't think I want to play with sex linked Choc though. I like the Dun gene, the way it behaves like Blue does. I've yet to see a Khaki bird in person but all of the pictures I've seen online have caught my eye. Plus I do like Platinum too. It won't be too hard to correct type on the outcross I plan on doing, plus skin color is the same and I'm hoping that the infusion of new blood will just boost vigor and etc. that much more in my flock.

Thank you very much for the offer though, I've honestly considered just keeping a small flock of Choc bantams for fun, I'll keep you in mind...
big_smile.png
no problem, and they are chocolates. Khaki pretty much is a creamy tan with a smokey grey cast to it

like this quail in my d'anver

cream light brown dutch?
henk he is talking about the "autosomal recesseive" crem gene alone pressent on the American Araucana...

interesting enough, Punnett extracted the "cream" gene from a Chilean Araucana. and introduced it to the Crested Cream Legbars,

ps.
Henk stop comenting on my floor tiles, I need your genetic expertise(coments) on my newest chick that just hatched..
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

My Araucana's are large fowl, are there no large fowl breeds that have the cream gene? I've seen some of the genetic hackles roosters listed as cream but I don't know if they are actually the cream gene or just what they are calling them. They call barred "grizzly" and creel "cree" for some odd reason. The photo's on their websites are usually just the capes so I can't really tell from the photo's.

It would take a millenium to breed a cream light brown dutch up to 6 pounds, lol .......but if you think it would be possible, lol, I'm crazy enough to try.

Back
Top Bottom