Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Pics
smoothmule - My plan was to start with some (hopefully) larger bantam Choc orps, and go from there. My ultimate goal is Choc Ams that lay a perfect blue egg.
My hens are large and they are half Ameraucana. Bred to a good, black Ameraucana rooster, all of the cockerels from that cross would be chocolate carriers and would work great for what you want, better yet, breed one of those cockerels back to the chocolate hens and a chocolate cockerel that is more than 50% Ameraucana would be perfect.
If I had access to a really good black Ameraucana, I could breed them later this summer when I'm finished using them for my other projects.

That would be perfect! Hey, if you are able to, let me know.
I don't know of anyone local here with good Ameraucana's. I'll check around. It would be late summer before the hens would have an opening for another rooster, lol. I have them booked up for a while but that doesn't mean I couldn't give it a try.

I hope it is O.K. to post this here. I picked up this bantam chick yesterday at Atwoods; they get their chicks from Ideal. The coloring on its head is a cool brown that lightens towards its back, and its belly is grey. Is it a part of the dun family?

This photo the chick is next to a black Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom