Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Pics
Is he from Amanda? I do like the look of the platinum bantam sumatras we have. I honestly think I prefer the platinum over blue but then again, I have loved dun birds since I first laid eyes on a dun wyandotte.

Smoothmule, are you hoping to cross the dun and chocolate for that wonderful milk chocolate look?
I will be hoping for a very nice Khaki pullet or two to cross to one of my recessive chocolate Araucana project cockerels. I have one cockerel now that is chocolate that is my buddy. He's not good "type" for Araucana but would make a very nice Sumatra cross. He's clean faced, nearly no comb, decent Sumatra type head.... I might be able to produce some decent Sumatra type. A Khaki hen would guarantee dun chicks and a recessive Chocolate cockerel would produce 100% chocolate in the pullets and half of the cockerels so there would definitely be mostly chocolate plus dun in those chicks.

Here is the chocolate cockerel, he's just coming 5 months. Has a lot of maturing to do but by next spring, I should have both Khaki Sumatra pullets of laying age and this cockerel will be matured. He has some potential anyway.

Last edited:
Mauve bantam cockerel. (Sex link Choc + Blue)

Chocolate bantam roo- he's a butthead, after this season he's going in the stew pot...
somad.gif

Last edited:

This pullet came from a long line of pure white Seramas. I know it is difficult to see in the pic. but she has a faint dun color across her wings and back. The breeder does not know why dun color showed up in this line but I was wanting to do a dun and chocolate project. I was going to let my cockerel divide his time between the pullet above( witch I'm thinking may be khaki due to her just having splashes of the lt dun color) and the pullet below that is from the cocopop line like the cock. I know several of you have worked with these colors for a long time so any suggestion or thoughts would be apprieciated. I will be getting some blacks too and that will give me a way to check color genetics of F1's. I also really want a black line too.

That looks "pumpkin", not dun. Are there any coco pop's in the pedigree? There are no duns in Serama's but there "are" chocolates. Definitely not chocolate so I would guess, what you're seeing is faint coloring from coco pop (pumpkin coloring).
There has never been a confirmed dun in the Serama breed

Back
Top Bottom