Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Pics
it maybe me you are talking about. I have a khaki (light brown) colored silkie roo (he's paint as well)
and I bred him with several hens and the ones that produced khaki were mostly (if not all) splash hens. I'll have to take some pictures and post them up.
in this post #4111 is a picture of one of my khahi's that I sold as a hatching egg.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1370/maine/4110#post_9593631
I think there was someone who believed there was a chocolate gene that is dominant but I have no knowledge about it. Mine are recessive, that have been proven by the way they breed. They breed true to the rules that recessive chocolate breed by. It is also definitely sex linked. The hens require only one chocolate gene to be chocolate but the roosters require 2 genes to show chocolate. It's very easy to breed for this color, very predictable. All you need to start is a single chocolate rooster and some good black hens.

Last edited:
I finally had time to take some new pictures of my khaki silkies and sizzles.

this is a khaki sizzle

khahi silkie roo
and next to white (paint)

it maybe me you are talking about. I have a khaki (light brown) colored silkie roo (he's paint as well)
and I bred him with several hens and the ones that produced khaki were mostly (if not all) splash hens. I'll have to take some pictures and post them up.
in this post #4111 is a picture of one of my khahi's that I sold as a hatching egg.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1370/maine/4110#post_9593631

I will be posting some Serama on the auction site where I sell my Araucana starting tonight. There will be some chocolates, it may take me a few days to get them all listed. There will be some nice ones, I'm thinning the flock before it gets too wintry here so these won't be culls, not even my worst, just extra's and colors that won't fit into my plans. I'll post them as I have time and photo's but I'm going to start off with my nice Frizzled cockerel, he is officially "proven" and has given me a couple of chicks so far, he's young but breeding good and definitely fertile. He may be chocolate, but he is definitely a chocolate carrier. His mother is chocolate and his father a chocolate carrier (wheaten looking) so 100% of the cockerels from that cross carry chocolate. His chicks are chocolate so far but not enough to confirm he is actually chocolate himself although I'm pretty certain he is, it's hard to feel 100% yet. Every feather is red with chocolate lacing. This is not a real busy auction site, it was started and is maintained by my friend, Ann Charles, from Skyblueegg (Araucana's). I routinely use this site to sell my Araucana's. You do have to register to bid, check it out

http://www.showbirdauction.com

The auction will be up and running within the hour

I hope that it is ok to post a dun genetics question here.I just recently bought a frizzle cuckoo polish bantam rooster.He came out of chocolate/dun polish male over a cuckoo polish hen. To me he looks like a chocolate/dun cuckoo.What is your opinion? If he is,if bred to a black hen will I get chocolate cuckoo? Can I get solid colored chocolate/dun birds from the same mating? Here is a pic,I had to trim his crest so he could see.

I hope that it is ok to post a dun genetics question here.I just recently bought a frizzle cuckoo polish bantam rooster.He came out of chocolate/dun polish male over a cuckoo polish hen. To me he looks like a chocolate/dun cuckoo.What is your opinion? If he is,if bred to a black hen will I get chocolate cuckoo? Can I get solid colored chocolate/dun birds from the same mating? Here is a pic,I had to trim his crest so he could see.

yes if you cross him to a black polish hen you will get a few of the following... black, Chocolate, Barred and Dun Barred...

is dun the sex linked gene.
if so then his daughters will be the dun chicks and the cockerels will be the blacks.
barring on either sex.

yes if you cross him to a black polish hen you will get a few of the following... black, Chocolate, Barred and Dun Barred...

no dun acts just like B/B/S... Black/Dun/Khaki... im going to asum the rooster is only single barred so u will get barred hens in black or dun + single barred roosters in black or dun and just plain black and plain dun... hatch away and post some pic's...

is dun the sex linked gene.
if so then his daughters will be the dun chicks and the cockerels will be the blacks.
barring on either sex.

Back
Top Bottom