Post Your Cute Quail Pictures (please?)

Do they have names? (The one in the first picture is absolutely georgous)
Sadly i don’t have any of these now as they were some of my original quail that were lost to raccoon invasion before I added extra protection. but several of my birds have names and many greet me at the gate for treat time!!

Sorry to hear about your loss there...
thanks....it was an intense learning curve getting my aviary set up properly......and as it turned out, a family of raccoons was living in the attic next door......in total they sport-killed over 2 dozen birds including pheasant, chukar, quail, and even got my lone button before we could add electric fencing and trap them out.

W[QUOTE
What type are they? They look amazing!
Falb fee coturnix! They look like this when they are a little older:
EE44322B-E89F-48CC-BA8D-87C74ADF97A9.jpeg

I raise Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica) as pets—very neat birds.

P4180161 2.jpeg

My absolute fav picture of my third favorite (lol) hen, Ruby.

P4020092.jpeg

Only good pic I have of Violet, a tame quail.

PB070164.jpeg

Babs in her first pumpkin, all fluffed for Fall.

Took this video a few days ago—Summer calls for cold treats and wet feet.

Whether you're admiring quail from afar or looking to raise them, these forums are a treasure.

I also have a video, posted earlier already, but for me the cutest behaviour of my quails:

🥰

Mine do that all the time. This was actually the first behaviour that led me to suspect one of my 'female' tuxes was actually a male. I bought four 'females' (two tuxes, two A&Ms), but later realised that three out of four of them were males! (this is probably the reason I usually stick to feather-sexable colours for my females :oops: ).

Back
Top Bottom