Post your favorite duck breeds here!

oo thats a good question!

I do like my cherry valleys but I also like my buff orpingtons aswell as my ringed teal and also my mandarins I like loads.

Bayyjayy I for got to edit that I ment to put them at forth sorry lol.

I thought that show ducks didnt have a good hatch rate? Oops sorry, thats just what metzer farms said.

I don't think there is actually one breed I can say are my favourites... I'm just a little too obsessed with ducks in general
big_smile.png

I do however love cayugas, wood ducks and mandarin ducks, especially the white ones. Silver appleyards are pretty nice, too.

My first duck experience started in may- I picked up a mallard peking and rouen duckling from the farm supply. The mallard flew off. The rouen is on the shy side and the peking is a cuddle bug. Every morning I sit on the kitchen floor and he runs as fast as his slappy feet can carry him to my lap. I think he could sit there all day long if I let him. So based on my very short experience- I'd have to say peking
smile.png

89426_img01454-20110822-1456.jpg

That's my hedwig <3

Lemon doodles
I have to agree with you.

I was wondering why Pekins werent mentioned earlier. Lol I love my two, so cute and sweet, and funny. They have wonderful personalities, more like dogs then some of the other ducks I have met. Yes, feathers waddling, clumsy little dogs. Infect, mine even play with the dogs chasing them around the backyard. And my girl Pekin will play wrestle with my husband like my dogs do.

I am probably going to be getting 2 new ducks next year and I am thinking Cayuga or Ancona. So I would include those... But my pekins are hard to beat hahah:D

Back
Top Bottom