Post your Feed Cost per Bag at Feed Store

For the lat batch of broilers, Flock Raiser at the local feed store is $12 a 50lb bag. Chick Starter is $11 a 50lb bag.

Home Grown Layer Pellets are $10 a 50lb bag. I really need to check into getting some bulk milled since the wife is going crazy into chickens.

Cheers, Paul

13% 12.50 for 60 lbs
17% lay 11.00
or from other local mill
23% gamebird 15.55 50#
28% turkey starter 16.90 50#
18% lay 14.00 50#
20% med chick starter 14.00

My meaties like the 13% the best it has wheat, corn,alfalfa meal and soybean with limestone and molasses it is coarse grind not fine and not a pellet and the other feed they will do tricks for is a Calexico whole grain has little pellets in it 16% it costs 17.00 but a little goes a long way I have them on shavings so I throw 10% scratch for them to keep it dug up along with lots of free bread products from the bakery. I'm in California where they think you're rich....

We only use blue seal chick n game bird starter/grower it's 12.99/50lb.

we use the local store's lay pellets that they make themselves i think they are around the same price.

Chick411,

I started to go full organic and after looking at the transportation and other things I felt is was better to support my local community and farmers as 90% of all of the grains that come in to our mill is local. So me that is being organic and they free range as well.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

clap.gif
:clap:clap:clap:clap

I like the way you think. I know it's off-topic, but supporting your neighbors should be high on anyones list. I just wish everyone had access to a local mill.

Back
Top Bottom