Post Your First Egg of 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by KsKingBee, Jan 29, 2016.

1. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Any luck?

Gerald Barker

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Have you been counting the days? [​IMG] Well the first five are looking clear, so I will leave them for a few more days to be sure. We have been observing the matings so there are going to be more eggs coming on-line soon. I just set four more eggs yesterday. [​IMG]

3. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Well of course Im counting the days. Your info is always worth waiting for, mine are still in the scrimmage phase hoping for something anyday especially the greens. Thanks for the update.

Gerald Barker

1 person likes this.
  4. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    It is still in the teens at night here in PA, going to hit 50 today, but yesterday's high was 35. My males are displaying, but there is no mating going on yet. We will probably have another 4-6 weeks before we see an egg. :(

5. KsKingBee

Careful what you wish for.

6. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    ???????????????

7. KsKingBee

Sorry for the short reply, I hate pecking on my phone when I am away from home.

One bird laying when the temps are below freezing cause a lot of problems. You have to go out after dark in the cold to get the egg before it freezes. Then you are running an incubator for just a few eggs, then if you do get a chick or two to hatch you are running heat for a lonely bird or two, etc, etc.

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Fertile or infertile?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Kathy

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Fertile or infertile?
    Here is a pea egg after being in the incubator for 7 days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Kathy

10. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Infertile. If it was fertile it would have the white spot and a white ring around it. It will be really bold. Being in an incubator for 7 days it should have started to develop an embryo which would be small and pink.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by