Post Your First Egg Pics-Part 2

My flock is on grower/all flock and has oyster shell available free choice. I haven’t seen her eat much of the oyster shell yet but I want to give her a chance before I switch to layer. I like the concept of a higher protein level feed and let them get their calcium on their own instead of using layer feed, but I’m not opposed to switching it it remains to be a problem.
I have occasionally mixed a little bit of scratch in with the oyster shell to show my pullets that it's actually edible. (I've had a few that didn't seem to realize they could eat it 😆)

This is Muffin the Easter Egger and she laid her first egg today!

Attachments

• IMG_9930.JPG
    IMG_9930.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9933.JPG
    IMG_9933.JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 5
This is my first year breeding for Olive Eggers with my own flock (BCM over Wheaton Ameraucanas and a couple eggs from EEs). I'm doing the sleuthing behind who lays what (about 12 pullets in total!). Here are the first three!

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.18.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.18.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.19.02 PM.png

We also got our first back-crossed Olive Egger (OExBCM) from Vanessa at May Blooms Acreage and it's beautiful!

IMG_4132.jpg

Looking forward to figuring out more layers this weekend!

tempImageWThoLd.png

This is my first year breeding for Olive Eggers with my own flock (BCM over Wheaton Ameraucanas and a couple eggs from EEs). I'm doing the sleuthing behind who lays what (about 12 pullets in total!). Here are the first three!

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.18.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.18.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.19.02 PM.png

We also got our first back-crossed Olive Egger (OExBCM) from Vanessa at May Blooms Acreage and it's beautiful!

IMG_4132.jpg

Looking forward to figuring out more layers this weekend!

tempImageWThoLd.png
Nice looking eggs!

Back
Top Bottom