Pics

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
Post your first egg pics! We are all so proud when our pets sing the egg song for the very first time and lay their first egg. Let's see those proud moments!

This is the very first egg from my Turken who I named Prettie, because she was so beautiful. She had been raised kept on display in a cage at a feed store as a curiosity and I paid way more than I should have to get her free.
first egg.jpg

This is the sweet girl who gave me the first egg. This was in 2004, so she is long gone, but we'll always remember our first summer of chicken keeping.
Prettie.jpg

We started this new thread as the old one has so many broken links.

Oh I'll show off mine! I have 3 older hens (Ruth, Fiona, & Butterscotch) who are almost 2 years old and have been taking a break over winter, and 3 younger pullets (Roxy, Gemma & Sally) who are 26 weeks and just coming into lay now.

Last week was (GLW) Roxy's first egg ever! And she broke the winter egg-drought with her cute little pullet egg :)
IMG_20200115_155353.jpg
IMG_20200102_105755.jpg

Yesterday, both my (BR) Ruth, and my new (EE) Gemma laid an egg. It was Ruth's first of the year, and Gemma's first egg ever! Gemma's egg was huge for a pullet egg. I'm thinking maybe a double yolk. She's a big hen though. Bigger than my other EE who lays big eggs. I thought she was going to be a cockerel for the longest time with her 3-rowed comb too. AND she has no beard!
IMG_20200123_123828_2.jpg
IMG_20200119_134021.jpg

Ruth says: "Hey, where are you going with my egg?!" See how big that blue pullet egg is? Nearly as big as Ruth's and the ceramic egg in there!
IMG_20200123_123559.jpg

Roxy's been a daily layer thus far, so together I got these three beautiful eggs yesterday! (Ruth's pale brown speckled egg in the front, Gemma's blue egg in the middle, Roxy's medium brown egg in the back)
IMG_20200123_130119.jpg

Three hens laying, 3 more to go! Butterscotch (Speckled Sussex) lays a pink egg, Fiona (EE) lays a pale grey-green egg, and Sally (EE) is still a mystery. Looking forward to my colorful egg baskets :)

I have 8 young ladies and have been waiting anxiously for them to start laying. They are almost 22 weeks old so imagine my surprise to discover this awesome little stash in the crape myrtle today. Now I already have 5 full grown ladies all of whom lay brown eggs and they lay strictly in the coop. So imagine my surprise to discover white eggs. My new girls are 3 BOs, 4 RIRs and 1 red ranger.
20200124_145743~2.jpg
20200122_150434~3.jpg

Here's some pictures of the likely culprits

April 2019 I got an australorp, a speckled Sussex, and 2 buff lace Polish. Come November I had not gotten 1 egg and was convinced I was doing something wrong. Then 3 days before Thanksgiving this happened. These 2 girls looked as stunned as I was. And being so excited and such a dork I put our very 1st egg on a pedestal 🤓 lol Don't judge me
20200409_111932.jpg
20200409_112017.jpg

Did you ever figure out who laid those eggs? They seem huge... almost like my duck eggs. Beautiful setting, btw.

This is not a first egg, but from my duck that recently started laying. We love the duck eggs!

View attachment 2080060
Nope I have no idea who laid them. The only girl in the flock that lays even close to that shade is my EE the rest of my girls all lay from a light tan to an almost terracotta colored egg.
20200228_160632~2.jpg

Luckily all the girls now lay in the coop so I've not had to hunt for eggs in the yard.

I haven't a picture of my Very very first egg, in the spring of 2014, but i clearly remember the moment in which i saw it...i was 11-12 years old :)

It was a sunny day, and one of my new chickens, Ciocca, laid her first egg under my eyes.
It was such a wonderful thing, i was so excited and ran all over the home to say it to the family... :yesss:

Now Ciocca hasn't been in this world for three years, but i'll always remember that feeling. She was such a good chicken.. 🥰

----------------------------------------------------------

But i have a picture of the first egg of this year!!
This winter has been very very difficult for my flock, but in a super rainy day i opened the coop and saw a beautiful, perfectly shaped egg... i kept it and stayed under the heavy rain and the silly wind, laughing to that so cute egg... This is the best wish ever for this spring, and for this year. 🤩

1586360190960.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My oldest chicken is called Marina and she's about 7 years old. She's an ISA brown.
Aaaaand....she laid her first egg of her season even this year :yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss:

1586360404384.png

Here's the history of my First(S) eggs :)

2017-06-02_07.57.05.jpg

Above is the first ever egg from my first flock, an EE long gone. But you can see how proud I was!

15807569357841129584413976644228.jpg

This first egg today came from my black crested Polish, and I know because I watched her decide on a nest and arranging fresh dry grass and coir I just added to help her out, and listened to her calling out. She was also recently started squatting. That's her, closest to the door. :celebrate:love:D
IMG_20200128_153111997.jpg

Back
Top Bottom