Post Your First Egg Pics-Part 2

FB_IMG_1560382436435.jpg
FB_IMG_1572639990365.jpg
Chicken eggs. :)

I have 8 young ladies and have been waiting anxiously for them to start laying. They are almost 22 weeks old so imagine my surprise to discover this awesome little stash in the crape myrtle today. Now I already have 5 full grown ladies all of whom lay brown eggs and they lay strictly in the coop. So imagine my surprise to discover white eggs. My new girls are 3 BOs, 4 RIRs and 1 red ranger.View attachment 2010294View attachment 2010295
Here's some pictures of the likely culprits
Did you ever figure out who laid those eggs? They seem huge... almost like my duck eggs. Beautiful setting, btw.

This is not a first egg, but from my duck that recently started laying. We love the duck eggs!

20200322_102010.jpg

Did you ever figure out who laid those eggs? They seem huge... almost like my duck eggs. Beautiful setting, btw.

This is not a first egg, but from my duck that recently started laying. We love the duck eggs!

View attachment 2080060
Nope I have no idea who laid them. The only girl in the flock that lays even close to that shade is my EE the rest of my girls all lay from a light tan to an almost terracotta colored egg.
20200228_160632~2.jpg

Luckily all the girls now lay in the coop so I've not had to hunt for eggs in the yard.

I haven't a picture of my Very very first egg, in the spring of 2014, but i clearly remember the moment in which i saw it...i was 11-12 years old :)

It was a sunny day, and one of my new chickens, Ciocca, laid her first egg under my eyes.
It was such a wonderful thing, i was so excited and ran all over the home to say it to the family... :yesss:

Now Ciocca hasn't been in this world for three years, but i'll always remember that feeling. She was such a good chicken.. 🥰

----------------------------------------------------------

But i have a picture of the first egg of this year!!
This winter has been very very difficult for my flock, but in a super rainy day i opened the coop and saw a beautiful, perfectly shaped egg... i kept it and stayed under the heavy rain and the silly wind, laughing to that so cute egg... This is the best wish ever for this spring, and for this year. 🤩

1586360190960.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My oldest chicken is called Marina and she's about 7 years old. She's an ISA brown.
Aaaaand....she laid her first egg of her season even this year :yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss:

1586360404384.png

Here's the history of my First(S) eggs :)

Nope I have no idea who laid them. The only girl in the flock that lays even close to that shade is my EE the rest of my girls all lay from a light tan to an almost terracotta colored egg.View attachment 2080082
Luckily all the girls now lay in the coop so I've not had to hunt for eggs in the yard.
I wonder if it might have been a wild duck? Pretty eggs!

Hello, y’all! My pullets are almost 8 months old and have been laying (3 months for the leghorns and 2 for the cuckoo marans). However, my eggs are still the size of some of the pullet eggs I’m seeing. I’m used to the eggs being what I refer to as “store sized eggs” by now, but they are still really small. Any idea why? My Marans lay a large egg every now and then, but the leghorns are pretty consistent with small eggs.

April 2019 I got an australorp, a speckled Sussex, and 2 buff lace Polish. Come November I had not gotten 1 egg and was convinced I was doing something wrong. Then 3 days before Thanksgiving this happened. These 2 girls looked as stunned as I was. And being so excited and such a dork I put our very 1st egg on a pedestal 🤓 lol Don't judge me
20200409_111932.jpg
20200409_112017.jpg

April 2019 I got an australorp, a speckled Sussex, and 2 buff lace Polish. Come November I had not gotten 1 egg and was convinced I was doing something wrong. Then 3 days before Thanksgiving this happened. These 2 girls looked as stunned as I was. And being so excited and such a dork I put our very 1st egg on a pedestal 🤓 lol Don't judge meView attachment 2081800View attachment 2081801
Love it!!

Back
Top Bottom