Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first egg yesterday!! It was layed by one of my Gold Sex Link's who turned 19 weeks old today.

29972_stripes_8-25-09_layed_first_egg.jpg

29972_first_egg_north_nest_8-25-09.jpg

29972_first_egg_with_store_bought_egg.jpg

First egg from one of my four Red sex links at 18 weeks. It's the one with the arrow in this carton of store bought XL eggs. The shell was nice and hard, extra pointy on the small end.
39935_p8210160.jpg

39935_p8210161.jpg

I can't tell you how many times my family has had to "look at my eggs, look at my eggs! oooo look at this one! pretty egg! wanna see my eggs? look at todays eggs. fresh eggs. these are still warm. just layed. 4 eggs today. 5 yesterday. 5 the day before. have you seen my eggs? but did you see them today? well, since this morning i mean....

big_smile.png

Last edited:
First egg last Monday. Got 6 eggs that week and had them all for breakfast, not just me, on Saturday.
23535_08170912451.jpg

This week so far I actually have my first whole dozen in a carton.
23535_08260911451.jpg

yay!!!! this is from my beautiful BR!!!! the shell is nice and hard and it is a good size... I am not sure how big it's supposed to be but this is a pic next to a large store bought egg.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
love.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif

egg2.jpg

egg1.jpg

Last edited:
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
Got our first eggs yesterday!!! WOOHOO!! Not one either but two! can you tell im excited? i feel like ive been waiting FOREVER for this...seeing all yours...it made me jealous lol.
Anyway I'm thinking they were layed by one of our SL wayandottes and a black australorp. They were 19.3 weeks old yesterday and today i got another egg!
24775_dscn0956.jpg

suspected wyandotte
24775_dscn0958.jpg

eggs in nest next to fake golfball
24775_dscn0963.jpg

nesting boxes with some of the other chickens...the eggs are in the bottom corner

SOOOO Excited!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I wanted to use something more realistic than a golfball. I found wooden egg shaped halves at a dollar store. I glued them together and did a little sanding to form a nice egg, put two coats of paint on them. While waiting for the second coat to dry, I found my first egg right where it was suppose to be. Now six eggs later they were all in the nesting boxes! Oh well...

BTW, congrats on your first eggs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom