Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
48444_dsc01096.jpg

Our second RIR laid her first egg today (on the right)! Our other one laid her first one week ago. The one shown on the left is the one she laid today. It's the height of a store bought large egg, just narrower. She has laid 5 eggs in her first week.

I suspect it's from one of our Bantams, since she's the only one doing the squat right now. We have 3 Bantams and 2 Sex-linked Sussex, and they're all about 20 weeks old. The one on the left is a store bought egg. We're so excited!
28720_1352774573270_1048583893_810674_6982675_n.jpg

IT HAPPENED !! I'm not sure what chicken did it but I'm thinking my Barred Rock which is well developed with her comb/under thingy. My Light Brahma's are only 20 weeks old today & from what I've read, that MAY be too soon for them yet at the same time my BR & BO (under developed) are 16 weeks ... that seems young too? Either way ... SOMEONE laid an egg and it was not my "One Boy". Thing is, I was not expecting this. Total surprise. I almost wet my pants running to the front of the property to show husband as I tripped over my own flip flops with a 5 gallon bucket of crumble slamming against my leg.
The shell is nice & hard with a slight pink tone ... the inside content was a double yoker, obviously fertilized by "One Boy". Went out there today several times due to that funky clucky song but no egg. I put out 2 bins filled with hay but will have to buy some fake eggs I'm sure. Either way ... HOUSTON ... WE HAVE AN EGG!!!! : )

Julie

48421_cas_0773.jpg

We got one egg Saturday and two on Sunday. The light colored ones are tiny, and the dark brown one is medium sized. Not positive which is which, but my guess is the light brown ones are from the Wyandotte and the darker one is from the Marans.

4718783451_00f2ef8c8e.jpg

My bantam cochin, Sprinkles, laid her first egg this afternoon! She was hatched in January.

Here is Sprinkles

06-21-106.jpg

And here is her first egg!

06-21-102.jpg

next to a quarter

06-21-1014.jpg

and next to a jumbo store bought egg

06-21-1016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom