Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DuckLady, Aug 10, 2007.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Oh what egg envy I have! Loved the anniversary egg story, sometimes animals have a real special way to perk us up! My girls are only 14 and 10 weeks old, still have a few months to go. But I cannot wait to post!

2. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    This is from one of my 16 week old NHR's. Wish I knew! Would love to give her a special treat:)

3. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Our VERY first egg ever! We think it was from our Red Sex-link or our Barred Rock! The second pic, shows the egg color after it was washed off but it went back to the lighter color with the whit film over it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cajunchic

cajunchic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    WooHoo!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We got our very first egg today also! From our sweet BR who is 21 weeks old!

[​IMG]

Here is the sweet lady who gave us our first egg!

[​IMG]

5. rochrunner

rochrunner Chick-Bees

Dec 27, 2010
    North of Rochester, MN
    Yippee!!

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

6. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    Quote:I thought BR's layed brown eggs, that one looks white, is that just a fuzzy picture or is actually a white egg from a barred rock? I'm very curious because I have a barred rock who hasn't started laying yet. oh yah and, CONGATULATIONS [​IMG] that's one pretty egg, especially for a first.

7. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Our first! Not sure who laid it but they are all 17 weeks old tomorrow!

[​IMG]

8. cajunchic

cajunchic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Quote:I thought BR's layed brown eggs, that one looks white, is that just a fuzzy picture or is actually a white egg from a barred rock? I'm very curious because I have a barred rock who hasn't started laying yet. oh yah and, CONGATULATIONS [​IMG] that's one pretty egg, especially for a first.

Sorry about that! It's just the picture. It's actually a light brown![​IMG]

9. mayqueen

mayqueen New Egg

My husband and I are first-time chicken-keepers with four pullets - 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Cuckoo Marans and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Our 20-week-old Cuckoo Marans, Madeleine, gave us our first egg today! (Although it looks more like a Welsummer egg to me because of the speckling!)

[​IMG]

We are ridiculously excited. The other girls should be starting soon as well, since they're the same age.

Woooooooooo!!!!

10. angelbabyamy

angelbabyamy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Myrtle Point, OR
    My Black Copper Marans that I hatched this February have laid their first eggs!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by