Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are cute - and that's a nice sized egg. We got egg #2 today, and it was no bigger than the first one. They were tasty though.

96937_2011-08-20_12-48-33_115.jpg

This from my head of the coop RIR named Lucy from Saturday morning! (8/20) She had a heck of a time getting it out but, has been laying everyday since! I am a proud Momma!
smile.png

My Girls Laid Their First Eggs Today, I Guess. Found Four This A.m. And Another This Afternoon!!!! This Is My Ninth Post, So Pics In A Minute!!!!!:d:p:p:p:p:d

79897_dscn2867.jpg

Blondie a nearly white EEer laid this at 19 weeks and 1 day (but who's counting?). We were amazed by the gray color, but today she laid another (we think it was her) and we noticed that the gray rubs off after enough handling and the eggs are quite olive colored underneath. I wonder if this is normal? I've heard of eggs looking chalky, but this was entirely and uniformly gray. Hmmm.

I've got 3 regulars now, but one of them, the smallest and lightest colored is always burried in the shavings. So every evening I come home from work and dig through the nest to find my sweet little egglett.

Think it is Kindness (Gold Star) and Goodness (Red Star) that are laying the small darker eggs and Joy (my huge Delaware) that is laying the mini-eggs. They all started last week at just over 20 weeks. I just got my first real squat from Peace (my smaller Delaware). Faith and Gentleness (Speckled Sussex) are starting to get a little comb action going on but still not ready. And Love (EE) is checking out the boxes. 3 down, 4 to go.
pop.gif

FINALLY! My very first egg!!! I have been waiting 24 loooonnnngggg weeks for my Australorp girls to start laying. And today is their 6 month birthday. I had checked the nest box this morning before I had to head to town for a doctors appointment and some shopping. When I came home and got out of the car, the girls were all squawking about something, running around the yard. So I headed up to see what all the commotion was all about and 2 of the 4 girls ran into the coop. So I had some idea that there MIGHT be an egg somewhere. Well, sure enough, there was a beautiful brown egg and it was laid RIGHT in the nest box next to the fake brown egg. Somebody did really good!! I was such a proud momma!!

So, here is my treasure....

83358_dscn1592.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom