Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my silkies first egg

We got out very first ever egg yesterday! Our little RIR hen has been talking to me for weeks and finally laid her first egg and then another today. They are on the small side, but pretty perfect as far as eggs go...or so this novice thinks. LOL!
We have a total of 16 hens (RIR, SLW, GLW and one Australorp) and I am patiently waiting to see who will be next to lay an egg.

Yay! for your eggs! Our hen is almost 19 weeks. She laid her first yesterday and another today.

I am so sorry to hear that the dogs got two of your hens. That had to be rough.

I sent the photo to my email and saved it, then downloaded it from there.
If there is an easier way from an I Phone, I too would love to know.

OK, so I've been hooked on this website every since we got our week old baby chicks at the beginning of March. Now, our gals are almost 20 weeks old and Ta Daaaaa! We have our first ever egg. I'm a proud papa crowing to all my friends who think I'm nuts ;) so I figured I'd come here where people can appreciate the seemingly never-ending wait for that first little (and I mean little) gem and the day you open the nest box and find a treasure! We think it was laid by our Barred Rock, Junie Moon. However, we have three that are currently squatting. Our BR, as well as an Easter Egger (sold as an Ameracauna) and a Cuckoo Marans. What do you all think? It is so pretty... A tiny little light brown thing with dark brown pin point speckles.

Here is who we believe is the mystery egg layer--Junie Moon, our Barred Rock. She only started squatting two days ago! Talk about an over-achiever :)

PS-If anyone can help me figure out how to attach more than one picture per post, I'd be much obliged!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom