Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my very first egg yesterday! I an new to raising chickens and we just finished the coop. The egg is from one of my Black Copper Marans. She has already laid her second one today.
wee.gif

I got my very first egg yesterday! I an new to raising chickens and we just finished the coop. The egg is from one of my Black Copper Marans. She has already laid her second one today.
wee.gif

That's a pretty egg! I can't wait for my Blue Splash Maran to start laying! Hopefully in the next few weeks! How old is your Maran?

wee.gif

Wow — that's great! It's beautiful, too. How old is she? Our BCMs are 14 weeks now, so we're thinking early October (22 weeks) for their first eggs. Does that seem about right?
Congratulations!

Wow — that's great! It's beautiful, too. How old is she? Our BCMs are 14 weeks now, so we're thinking early October (22 weeks) for their first eggs. Does that seem about right?
Congratulations!
Quote:
That's a pretty egg! I can't wait for my Blue Splash Maran to start laying! Hopefully in the next few weeks! How old is your Maran?
Thank you! She is 21 weeks + 3 days. I have 3 more BCM and hope they will be laying soon too. I think they may be a week younger.

Last edited:
We have no idea which one laid this egg yesterday. But it's our first and so far, from 11 chicks bought at the same time, our only. It's so cute!

So the large eggs are the 2nd through fourth egg from our BSL (the first egg was huge and a double yolker) .....

.yesterday I catch my Wyandotte in the nesting box, the small egg is what she left....A little tiny SHELL LESS egg. (I accidentally put a hole in the top messing with it)

I suppose from what I have read this is normal at first. That her body is just figuring things out????

I am keeping a good eye on her and hoping the next egg is normal. She has plenty of calcium available.

the large eggs from our BSL are in order from left to right. You can see the gradual increase in size. That little shell less egg on the right from our Wyandotte is TINY!!!!

We got our first ever egg today!
wee.gif

Nice, hard, complete shell! Seems my girl is a lil high in calcium though, but the local farmer says that will more than likely even out the more she lays! Either way, we are so thrilled! Anyone else ever have this issue? All advice and opinions are welcome! Thanks bunches!

So the large eggs are the 2nd through fourth egg from our BSL (the first egg was huge and a double yolker) .....

.yesterday I catch my Wyandotte in the nesting box, the small egg is what she left....A little tiny SHELL LESS egg. (I accidentally put a hole in the top messing with it)

I suppose from what I have read this is normal at first. That her body is just figuring things out????

I am keeping a good eye on her and hoping the next egg is normal. She has plenty of calcium available.

the large eggs from our BSL are in order from left to right. You can see the gradual increase in size. That little shell less egg on the right from our Wyandotte is TINY!!!!

Yep, that's what my Light Brahmas did., but they are laying beautiful eggs now. Not as good as my Barred Rocks, but haven't had a shell less since the first few...Congrats!

We got our first ever egg today!
wee.gif

Nice, hard, complete shell! Seems my girl is a lil high in calcium though, but the local farmer says that will more than likely even out the more she lays! Either way, we are so thrilled! Anyone else ever have this issue? All advice and opinions are welcome! Thanks bunches!

I have ! I can tell the difference in the Hen laying because one looks more Mauve because of the Calcium, I'm sure. She's always laid like that. She's 2 1/2. Her partner lays more speckled, brown spots. They are very healthy and great layers! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom