Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to check the coop and I found a small (not so small) brown egg! I know it's from my Black Australorp because my Delaware is molting
wink.png
Pics-

18371_04053234.jpg

compared to a store bought egg

18371_04053152.jpg

cracked it
tongue.png

18371_04053415.jpg

and I cracked the store bought egg too
tongue.png

18371_04053443.jpg

the darker one is from my chicken
tongue.png

So excited I was running around like a nut. We have been on an egg hunt for days and today right on target I found two in the hen house. Ran around carrying them for a while and couldn't think of who to call to share my excitement. After all I waited 25 weeks! Then I remembered all the chicken nuts on here, thanks for letting me share my first eggs. The two in the middle are the cochins new eggs.
46690_100_3012.jpg

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful eggs! Nothing quite like finding those first eggs- to me it was like finding a treasure after waiting and looking and waiting and looking- ha.
Yep- we're a bunch of chicken nuts on here and I for one, am proud of it! I like you, was equally happy to find this site- to share all things "chicken".

My 5 month old silkie laid 6 her first 6 eggs the week before Easter. She joined us in the egg hunt, but I don't think she wanted ownership back of these garishly painted silkie eggs! She's saying "You humans!...";-)

42508_magnolia-these_arent_my_eggs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom