Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally at 27 weeks! I'm so proud - my baby is a hen!
ya.gif

Our first egg July 18, 2012. Our hens were 19 weeks. They are such good layers now. We have 8 hens and get 5-7 eggs a day!

Pics of our first week or two of eggs! This is our first time to ever have chickens and we love it! My kids take turns checking for eggs each day and it has been fun sharing eggs with the neighbors. Hopefully bribing them with eggs will keep them from complaining about our rooster, haha. Thankfully most of our neighbors have commented that they like hearing our rooster each morning.

Pics of our first week or two of eggs! This is our first time to ever have chickens and we love it! My kids take turns checking for eggs each day and it has been fun sharing eggs with the neighbors. Hopefully bribing them with eggs will keep them from complaining about our rooster, haha. Thankfully most of our neighbors have commented that they like hearing our rooster each morning.

Where did you get the chicken that laid that invisible egg in the corner?
lau.gif

LOL at the invisible egg!

I think my brain has been taken over by my chickens!! I look at the above pics and go "hmmmm, that looks like a goldstar egg, I'd bet that one's from a buff orp, etc" AGGGHHH!!! LOL

I got my first egg today, I believe from my rescued Cochin. She was the only survivor from a bear attack. I hade had her 13 days. Aparently it takes that long to get over a bear attack. It does seem a bit small for her however.

I got my very first egg yesterday from one of my RSLs. I was actually fortunate enough to watch her lay it. When she rose up off of that perfect little brown egg I thought I was seeing things. Now I am counting down the hours before the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom