Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Figs grow brilliantly here - I have planted fig trees in all my chook runs.
It gives the chooks great shade and lots of free food.

The flying foxes or fruit bats are very common all over eastern Australia.
They do a lot of damage to many fruit crops and live in huge stinking colonies,
hanging from the trees.

xxxx M

Oh, and they also carry the Hendra Virus which is often fatal!
Oh, too bad about the virus...I think they look fabulous and was thinking they look a lot nicer than the ugly brown bats we have in Manitoba, Canada. Is Hendra Virus similar to Hanta Virus that some deer mice in North America carry I wonder? The figs look great too!!! I enjoy seeing the species you've caught on your game cam.

So far we've caught opossums and skunks. Something small is still making holes and tunnels underground but all we seem to catch on the camera is CATS. Cats are on it every single night. Last night I had both traps baited and stupid me forgot to take the security latch off so the door would close and trap anything. *sigh*

How do I delete this? I can't get the video to attach. Grrrr

Last edited:

This was taken right after the front came through, just thought it was a neat picture. I seem to have an endless stream of 'coons. possums and skunks.A neighbor said (after giving my run an inch by inch inspection) my defenses are good, but being right next to the septic tank which makes a constant very high pitched whistle helps too. It is not that loud, but the run is about 10 ft from it. So everything goes to other parts of the yard.

Back
Top Bottom